Day/Night time cycles?

jackfarr_uk

Currently my server restarts every 3 hours, but it never turns night. Is there a possibility to set the Day/Night time cycle after every restart. So basically 1 restart day time, next restart night time, then day, then night and continue on.

this is what i would try. when the server starts execute a script ONE time that sets the game time to either noon or midnight on the server which is propagated to the clients every 5 minutes automatically.
the challenge is how to determine which should be set, day or night. if you are using a server with child999 calls you can easily save it in the db, otherwise using inidb or some method based on the actual time. like if time equals noon,6pm, midnight,6am set the gametime o night. if actulbtime equals 3pm,9pm, 3am,9am the set gametime to day.

If your host allows you to setup BEC then that's the best way to run custom cycles and theirs loads of already made one out there.

there are bec scripts to change the server time to a different time each restart? 3pm one restart and 3am the next? i know bec is capable of a lot more than we use it for... but i have not seen much in this vein. i suppose you could edit the rss plugin to do what you want, it posts news feeds at startup so should be able to change the server time i guess.

Back