Dayz 2017 V1.1 Open testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed: Used 'Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch' in the A2:OA folder... that added the beta and expansion folders back and no Bad Version reject.

Found my fix as well. Had recently turned on the steam option on DayZ Commander and apperantly I had to turn on "Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works". Silly me.

Shin any reason you are testing the server with 96585..? Thats what commander is reporting the server is running anyhow.

ok its good to keep it all latest, when testing client and server, but sure u already know that :D

I think : ARMA2_OA_Build_100697.zip is the latest for client for sure anyhow :D incase you missed that, kind of annoying that they have 679 and 697 one after the other the numbers are too similiar in witten from when brief glancing :)

Hiho !

As i was using the latestet Client Beta patch 100697 i got kicked by the Battleeye - Unknown whatever Version.
Downgraded to 100679 - working.

Hiho !

As i was using the latestet Client Beta patch 100697 i got kicked by the Battleeye - Unknown whatever Version.
Downgraded to 100679 - working.

Yeah must be really new update then the 697 version, this happens a fair bit on initial updating. its to do with battle eye latest files that kicks you. 679 it is for time being then.

"bad version rejected" is when you use a Arma II OA beta version thats not BE supported yet. Downgrade and all is good.

Refer to this forum to check BE compatability with latest Arma II OA beta versions:

Cool, so it works correctly?

Oh hold on, so you get 'Gut Human' as an option too?

Yep. I even gutted a boar as a human. Got the message that I gutted a fellow human being, got the human flesh on it's body.

Surprisingly enough I don't get that option on zeds. Also people have complained that they can't gut their sheep, but i never encountered a sheep, only a boar and a goat.

My experience has been different, i have no problem gutting infected, actually had no problems gutting infected, all promps appear and interact correctly. Havent had a chance to gut an animal yet.... havent been able to get one lol.

ok I can see how to fix the animals also having 'Gut Human' option:

I will check the code in shortly and we can all just replace dayz_code.pbo

//skin player
if (_isMan and !_isAlive and !_isZombie and !_isAnimal and _hasKnife and !_isHarvested and _canDo) then {
if (s_player_gather_human_butcher < 0) then {
s_player_gather_human_butcher = player addAction [localize "str_actions_self_11", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\gather_human_meat.sqf",cursorTarget, 3, true, true, "", ""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_gather_human_butcher;
s_player_gather_human_butcher = -1;
};

Why we can't gut sheep I think I might know the issue. Will check soon. I wonder also it may be from folk using the previous version (since the afternoons update).

i downloaded the latest version and was able to gut cow and goat np, havent come across any other animals yet mate. apperently i couldnt gut, coz i hadnt got the latest update.
maybe make it much more visible? some people might not know about the "hotfix" yesterday.

i downloaded the latest version and was able to gut cow and goat np, havent come across any other animals yet mate. apperently i couldnt gut, coz i hadnt got the latest update.
maybe make it much more visible? some people might not know about the "hotfix" yesterday.

Updated the first page. SOrry about that.

So the sheep thing I am sure might be from the previous code base.

First person to find and gut a sheep gets something special (not sure what yet).

Yeah, gutted my first zed last night... I know the sound is the same, but... for some reason, it seemed worse to me. I'm actually making a disgusted face as I write this. lol. I haven't eaten it yet.

Oh, and zombie hordes in the forest... seriously freaked me out. Pitch black, alone in the woods and suddenly, zombies! Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back