dayZ (arma) AI Controlled Bus Route.

Ok, that is really spamming your RPT file, wow.
Umm as i am unsure on this one I will palm it off to axeman or NeverUsedID if possible, lol.
Cant say I have ever had this one myself so sorry but it's above my head. o_O

lets see today if the its spamms again

this script works with 1.7.7 but has bugs. We will fix in and post a working version.

To the other problems, i dont have an idea yet. i would try to recreate the complete changes from scratch. i only had this issues once and the reason was a missing line. Also be sure that you start your game with -showscripterrors commandlineparameter and watch your log while the first player joins after the serverrestart.

Works fine with 1.7.7.1 but I removed support group that spawns when driver is killed and I cant enter the bus anymore.
What would be causing this?

Is it normal that the bus AI stops when Zombies are blocking the route? Furthermore when I took the bus to Cherno, a wrecked car was blocking the street. The bus crashed into it, and the bus driver disappearedand I got wounded. It took over a half hour to drive from Electro to Cherno, because most of the time the Ai was busy with trieing to avoid wrecks on the street etc..

i've installed the script as directed and it works, the bus comes, makes its stops and keeps on trucking....problem is me or anybody cant get in the thing, no scroll wheel option or anything. anyone encountered this issue?

nobody has had the issue of not being able to get on the bus?

I've just come across this problem, i believe it is possibly caused by a new script i added since bewcause it was working fine beforehand.

Have you installed the Chernarus missions lately because i think that is what is causing the problem of not being able to ride the bus now. Looking for a fix will post back if i can find out anything soon.

I've just come across this problem, i believe it is possibly caused by a new script i added since bewcause it was working fine beforehand.

Have you installed the Chernarus missions lately because i think that is what is causing the problem of not being able to ride the bus now. Looking for a fix will post back if i can find out anything soon.

it may be a script thing, it was one of the last things i added, i've got self blood, auto refuel, booby traps, clear roads, custom loot, lower infection, and more heli crashes and the chero missions, but in my case its not the cherno missions causing the problem as i've had the buses before them and they didnt work prior to installing the missions.

I had to log in just to say thanks I can only imagine the hair pulling and time involved in making something like this. It works perfectly, the only issue I have run into is sarge's bandit AI attacking the buses which can cause slow downs on the routes.

It works. but, It has the problem. there is no action menu to get in the bus. And the bus spawn more than ten buses every bus works. Anyone has fixed this issue please help me to fix it. Please!

i did a fresh install of this with Overwatch and the bus ran great, until i added in cherno missions, now we cant get on the bus, anyone know a fix for this?

I had the problem with getting onto the bus when I added this to my Cherno 1.7.7 version. I just went into the bus route folders (since I am using NeverUsedID's version of this bus route the file is called dp_busroute.sqf) in the unpacked mission.pbo file and found
Code:
createGroup resistance;
and changed it to this
Code:
createGroup west;
This should work with axeman's version also. You just need to find the file that contains the section that sets the AI groups to a faction and change it to the one the players are set to.

I have not completely tested this out on all classes of the player character yet but it should work with Hero, Survivor, and Bandit class players.

The one thing I am not completely sure of is how to assign a different set of buses to run routes north off the coast. That way there are 2-3 buses that run the coast route and then 2-3 other buses that run from Cherno and Electro to the north part of the map. Setting the waypoints for this should not be an issue, it is setting up the script to load in a different set of buses that run independently from the other buses.

that worked great! thank you very much, would you mind sharing your version? i would love to have multiple buses

My version is NeverUsedID's version which is posted on this thread ... back on page 4-6 somewhere. His version has multiple buses running along the coast line. I am going to work out the bugs of the coast routes before I start on a north route. When I get the coast routes straightened out and I have the north routes in and running I will post up the info on how to set up the north routes.

The one thing I am not completely sure of is how to assign a different set of buses to run routes north off the coast. That way there are 2-3 buses that run the coast route and then 2-3 other buses that run from Cherno and Electro to the north part of the map. Setting the waypoints for this should not be an issue, it is setting up the script to load in a different set of buses that run independently from the other buses.

i was thinking about this and can't you just pretty much make a copy of the orginal bus route, make it exe via int.sqf and just replace the starting spawn point + add in the new waypoints you want it to travel?

That sounds like it will work but you never know till you try it. Being my luck I'd do it and cause a dozen other scripts to break.

I had that idea earlier today but go distracted into something else that isn't working out. So I'll drop back to the north bus route plan and see what I can work out on it.

I'm gonna try it out when i get back home, not gonna have a different route or any of the jazz yet, but im gonna try and call 2 instances of it and see what happens

Back