dayZ (arma) AI Controlled Bus Route.

axeman

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
This is the AI bus service I currently have (RECENTLY UPDATED) It starts at the very north point of the east road in Chernarus and runs to Kamenka and back again on a loop. It now stops, and waits briefly, at the waypoints (bus stops) where survivors can jump on.

Survivors now get a warning and then kicked off the bus if they take over the drivers seat. AI jumps straight back in.. (Thought about locking the bus as a punishment)..

I am working on beeping the horn, when in the vicinity of a survivor and a hail bus option on your menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION

Get it here: https://github.com/andgregor/dayZ-AI-Bus-Route

1: Copy the bits into your init.sqf in the correct places, there are some parts for the server and some for the player.

2: Create a folder busroute in your mission folder.

3: Copy the other files into that busroute folder.

4: Ride the bus !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BattlEye:

scripts.txt / Line #10:
Code:
5 addWaypoint !"\"addWaypoint\"," !"units\add_unit.sqf" !"busroute\bus_driver.sqf"

That's the bus route simplified now, but much more solid and reliable. Currently in development is a random bus route generator and cleaning of the road infront of the bus, I.E. zombies / animals and 'junk'..

If you want to change the route then you need to provide an array of worldspace entries to the array axBusRouteWaypoints. _axWPZ is the height, have put a variable in when playing with a heli instead of a bus..

A work in progress :p Enjoy !

Back