Dayz Epoch Database Question(s)

orso7

So first of all, it's my first serverdb to manage and I got to two questions while playing around with the Database.
1. when I edit the inventory of a player (who is not logged in) it works fine (without restart, player just needs to log in again) but if I edit the inventory or characterID (combination) of a vault or so it requires a restart to take effect. Why? is there any way around it?
2. What happens when I change the inventory/backpack of a logged in player in the database? Does this work?

Would be great if someone could help me with this questions!

EDIT: 3. what DB modifications need a restart/no restart to work?
EDIT2: how can I get the worldspace coordinates of a specific pos on the map?

any edits to placed objects or vehicles require a server restart to take effect.

any changes to a players inventory require them to be in the lobby or completely out of game to take effect.

if you edit a players inventory in the DB while they are in-game it will just get overwritten.

you can use a couple programs floating around that will convert the coords for you, or you can move your character there then check the worldspace coords of your character_data row.

thanks for your answer!

if you edit a players inventory in the DB while they are in-game it will just get overwritten.

you mean the changes in the DB will just be overwritten immediately by the "original" values?

is there no way to force the editing of placed objects?

if the player is in-game at the time you modify their character in the database, the next action they perform will just update the database and overwrite any changes you have made. They have to relog for any changes to take place.

Not sure I understand your 2nd question :D

The server loads the data for placed objects into memory at startup, creates arrays for the information and all that tech stuff I can't be bothered to explain because i'm lazy.. Then saves the updated data back to the server db at regular intervals. Accessing the database for the information it already holds in memory would be a waste of resources. The same thing happens with your characters, it only reads their information one time at startup (loads all their data into an array , in memory), then after that it simply writes information back to the database as the character data changes in-game. What you want can be done with custom code, but that would be a huge project and you'd notice a massive decrease in fps etc as the server tries to keep up with all that information thrashing.

thanks for the answers!

i guess its the same thing with spawning vehicles/objects through the db

Back