DayZ - Hidden Background of Developers (Nazism?)

Regenwurm97

Hey there!

I just bought the ARMA 2 + Operation Arrowhead Bundle on Steam some weeks ago to try out DayZ. Well...I've been playing it now for a while and I can definitely tell you I'm not as noobish as you might expect me to be ;)
Have played some time with friends and other guys...but at the moment I'm actually pretty unaware. I found something like a hidden easter egg? Well it's a bit creepy so don't actually know...maybe someone of you can confirm this:

Me and my friend were playing on a UK public Hive Server some days ago and found our first plane ever (or better to say stole it :D). We went around a bit but as we were the only people during that night we had a pretty boring time. As I was setting a waypoint to Skalisty Island I found another very small island far south-east, ~10 miles over the border of the map:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs43w5082yuyztq/2.jpg

We made our way to there to find out what's located there... basically nothing. It's only a small hill, no trees, no grass, only some lonely zombies.

Unfortunately he had to leave for dinner so he landed to get outside again. From that point on I'm sure I was the only user left on the server. As I'm not really good at flying planes in ARMA, I decided to run around a bit and see if there is anything valuable there (can tell you: nope). But as I walked around I'm sure I suddenly could hear something like a women's voice and weird sounds like a DJ scratching his disks?! I was totally scared and wanted to leave the server as this was just too creepy for me. I mean, what would you do when hearing such sounds when it's like 2 am? Well...I was also interested in where the sound comes from and so I rejoined again 10 minutes later. I checked the plane, ran to all ends of the island and could hear the voice again with some beep sounds in the background. In order to hear better I turned up the ARMA 2 Sound and yeah...then I could hear it. It was kinda mix of morse codes and a women's voice saying numbers?!

I tried to record the thing for my YouTube channel but unfortunately the recording is missing the first few words. Anyway, here it is:

After a while of listening I made the decision to leave the server for that day. It's been late during the night and the only thing I wanted was a warm bed :)

The next day I told my friend about it and sent him the clip. I think he's also been very interested in this...he just told me something about a radio tower that might have sent out the weird sounds...never heard of it. Anyway, he decoded the codes for me and got this out:

[19:45:08] BussiBubble82:
T I O N / C A M P / 51.019 / N / 11.247 / O / P / S C H L A C K / Z E N T R U M / H / M E R K E R / K P D / R / R E N N E R / K P D / O L D / R E / B U C H / C O N C E N T R A
....and then the whole thing starts again and again :l

Well...made no sense for me but he thought about some of the words being names like the admin's or something similar just as a joke. But well, as we inserted some of the content into Google, we found this German Wikipedia webpage, including lists of politicans and their names:

"http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Häftlingen_des_Konzentrationslagers_Buchenwald"

"- Peter Schlack, Zentrumspolitiker"
"- Hans Merker, KPD-Mitglied"
"- Rudolf Renner, KPD-Mitglied, sächsischer Landtagsabgeordneter"

I couldn't find out what "Zentrumspolitiker" actually means (I'm British), but from what I learned, "KPD" has been a political party during the Nazism (not sure?).

My friend got a step further, he even found out that there are actually coordinates hidden inside the code! The thing is that these even stand in relation to the three names...
I don't know whether this thesis is acceptable now or if I just exaggerate at this point, but from what I understood, the listed guys have all been killed during the time of the Nazism at the exact building the morse code coordinates describe:

The crematorium of the "Buchenwald" Concentration Camp, one of the Concentration Camps of the Nazis?!
Actually made a picture of it in Google-Maps. Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfex58sop02u5wn/1.png

This is like totally f**king my mind at the moment. I mean, why did the game developers implement something like this?! I sent exactly this email to the dayzmod and arma2 support but haven't got a reply for a month now. Maybe someone of you can guess what's going on here? Are there more of these hidden things in DayZ?
This is not what I expected from this game...

Back