DayZ Mission System

The Minimum distance doesn't matter because the 4th variable is minimum distance from nearest object which I have set to 10.

Szerdi can you please explain to me/us what you mean with "change the settings" to pretend the missions from spawning in novy sobor?

In each SM.sqf mission file, change the _coords to what he or ebay recommended:

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,7000,10,0,10,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

how about time settings?

I assume you mean mission frequency:

SMGoMajor.sqf
SMGoMinor.sqf

//Created by Falcyn [QF]
_wait = [2000,650] call fnc_hTime;
sleep _wait;
MissionGo = 1;

If I remember correctly, the numbers above represent:

2000 = max time before spawn
650 = min time before spawn

It is incompatible with 0.75 for a multitude of reasons. I do not support Namalsk 0.75

Well, got it working on 0.75!

/edit: Minor missions spawn without a hitch, major missions just spawn mission #1 i.e. lubjasnk same spot every mission. Any fix for this?

Hey guys...

So i installed the Mission system, and was pretty stoked to test it out... unfortunately, the missions don't seem to start (at all).
I'm currently running an Epoch 1.0.2.4 Server with Vilayer as host...

My assumption is, that because vilayer has a different folder structure, nothing gets initialized...
so that instead of
Code:
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time
i have to do something like that?
Code:
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "vilayerspecificpath\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

and on this bit probably as well....

Code:
//----------InitMissions--------//
  MissionGo = 0;
  MissionGoMinor = 0;
    if (isServer) then {
  SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
    [] execVM "vilayerspecificpath\missions\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
    SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
    [] execVM "vilayerspecificpath\missions\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
    };
    //---------EndInitMissions------//

So my question is, does anybody run this successfully with vilayer and could maybe contact me, for a friendly exchange of code... or am i doing something completely wrong here?

Also I dont think i need to put in the BE Filters.. but just out of curiosity... (and since google let me down on this big time) where and how do i implement these text files?
which file do i have to open, and what do i have to add for these filters.. or filters in general to apply? (or a simple link that explains me what i can do with the BE script restrictions and how to edit them would be highly appreciated)

the debug folder and missions folder as well as the faction.sqf are in my
\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\
Folder.

the server_functions.sqf , server_updateObject.sqf and server_cleanup.fsm

are all located in my vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\ Folder (or subfolders of that)
Edit: sorry for the formatting... Copy&Paste made this a mess

the debug folder and missions folder as well as the faction.sqf are in my
\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\
Folder.

the server_functions.sqf , server_updateObject.sqf and server_cleanup.fsm

are all located in my vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\ Folder (or subfolders of that)
Edit: sorry for the formatting... Copy&Paste made this a mess

The 'Mission' folder should go to: vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\

The 'debug' folder should be copied to: vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\

Faction.sqf - if needed (see step 8 in install instructions), copy to: vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\

alright.. thanks a bunch.. i hope, that solves it... but just for reference, here are the excerpts of my changed code in the files now....

server_functions.sqf
Code:
server_spawnEvents =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnEvent.sqf";
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time
fnc_plyrHit  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf";
and
Code:
dayz_recordLogin = {
    private["_key"];
    _key = format["CHILD:103:%1:%2:%3:",_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2];
    _key call server_hiveWrite;
};
//----------InitMissions--------//
  MissionGo = 0;
  MissionGoMinor = 0;
    if (isServer) then {
  SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
    SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
    };
    //---------EndInitMissions------//

server_cleanDead = {
    private ["_objectPos","_noPlayerNear"];
    {
        _objectPos = getPosATL _x;
        _noPlayerNear = {isPlayer _x} count (_objectPos nearEntities ["CAManBase",35]) == 0;
        if (_noPlayerNear) then
        {
            if (_x isKindOf "zZombie_Base") then
            {
                deleteVehicle _x;
            };
        };
    } forEach allDead;
};

the server_updateObject.sqf

Code:
if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then
{
    diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};
if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {};
if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
    {
        _object_position = getPosATL _object;
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

and my server_cleanup looks like this

Code:
      name = "vehicle_cleanup";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_safety = PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor;" \n
      "" \n
      "//Check for hackers" \n
      " {" \n
      "    if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) &&  !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n
      "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
      "        (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
      "        _x setDamage 1;" \n
      "    };" \n
      " } forEach allUnits;" \n
      "" \n

would that be the right edits to get it working on epoch?

Cheers

Well, got it working on 0.75!

/edit: Minor missions spawn without a hitch, major missions just spawn mission #1 i.e. lubjasnk same spot every mission. Any fix for this?

Ok, the missions start fine, it's just the boxes that don't spawn. Might be to do with my antihax. Will test

well i did...
but some things don't apply for Epoch apparently... and since you seem to have it running, i wanted to double check, before more stuff happens =)

for example you're asked to look for
Code:
fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";
in the server_functions... but i don't have that line of code there...

the part i am supposed to look for in the server_update also looks slightly different...

Code:
{
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};
instead of
Code:
#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
#endif
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};

and also the server_cleanup .. since it also has a string for all the DZE specific vehicles and leaves out the ParachuteWest part...

i guess you get it... it's just me being overly cautious now...

server_functions.sqf

Add:
Code:

Right under:
Code:
server_spawnEvents = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnEvent.sqf";

server_updateObject.sqf:

This is how mine is:
Code:
{
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};

if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {};

server_cleanup.fsm:

This is what I use:
Code:
"if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1))) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

2 questions for you guys/gals. Also, thank you for everything you guys have already done with this! The players on my server are just in love and I am not sure if they have had so much fun dying in DayZ... lol

Ok, my questions.

Question 1)
Maybe I am reading this wrong, so any help would be appreciated. I am trying to color only 1 word in the title text that pops up for all players when a Mission spawns. I am using this right now and it does not work.

Code:
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"<t color='#cc0000'>TEXT WITH COLOR HERE</t>: JUST WHITE TEXT HERE", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

Its show up in the game like this though.

<t color='#cc0000'>TEXT WITH COLOR HERE</t>: JUST WHITE TEXT HERE

Should I use the following to show the message to get color to work?
Code:
[nil,nil,rHINT,"<t color='#cc0000'>TEXT WITH COLOR HERE</t>: JUST WHITE TEXT HERE"] call RE;

Or should I use the following to also show color and this way it will ALSO show the message to new players that join (JIP) and they will still see the message again after entering?
Code:
[nil,nil,"per",rHINT,"<t color='#cc0000'>TEXT WITH COLOR HERE</t>: JUST WHITE TEXT HERE"] call RE;

May main need is to show color in the text message. If that is doable. An added bonus would be to show the message on JIP also.

Question 2)
Can this be shown in a SMS type deal on the GPS? So, if the player has a GPS, the message will open the GPS and display it, or if it is already open, just display the message?

nothing to do with the antihax.. Any ideas guys?

Add the mission variable to the boxes. If that doesn't work try a different kind of box. You may have to resort to tents. This is partly why our Namalsk server still runs 0.741. The update banned all the good stuff.

Back