DayZ Mission System

TheSzerdi

This is a set of scripts that go in the server.pbo to create a mission system similar to Wasteland's for DayZ. I have only tested this system on Namalsk 0.741 and it may conflict with DayZ 1.7.7 and other mods/maps/scripts. I'll try to help with problems and update as I can.

http://github.com/theszerdi/DayZ-Missions

Chernarus edit by lazyink: https://github.com/lazyink/DayZ-Missions

If you find any bugs or have updates/ideas feel free to post here or e-mail me at [email protected] -- I will incorporate as much as possible into the system and create extra branches for various modifications/maps.

Edit to add: If you wanna try playing the missions first my server is in my signature. They spawn every 10 to 30 min from completion of last mission / server restart.

Anyone may use, modify, and/or include this code in their own work. I ask only that proper credit be given and that anything using this code is NOT sold for profit.

Major Mission breakdown:

Firebase: Small bunker and rocket launcher crate.

C130 Crash: Two large supply crates.

Special Weapons: One rocket launcher crate.

Gear cache: One large supply crate.

Recover Humvee: One humvee equipped with grenade launcher, will need fuel.

Recover APC: One random APC, will need fuel.

Recover Heli: One attack chopper, will need fuel.

Major missions starts 12 to 30 minutes after completion of previous mission or restart of server. Major missions are marked by large green grid marker on map and announced when they spawn. If you log in after mission starts or die, you will not see the marker. Major missions spawn 10 to 20 NPC's.

Minor Mission system breakdown:

Wrecked chopper/truck/humvee: Similar to standard DayZ crashed heli with a few AI NPC's.

Hillbilly's: Spawns a cabin with good loot and a few AI NPC's.

Sniper Team: Spawns 2 snipers with backpacks full of goodies.

Axe Murderer: Spawns psychotically tough NPC with backpack full of goodies.

Landing Party: Spawns PBX with AI NPC's who drive to shore and set up a tent full of goodies.

Minor missions spawn every 5 to 10 minutes after completion of the last minor mission or server restart. They are marked on map by a small red grid marker. Minor missions spawn 1 to 4 NPC's.

Back