dayz origins cpu + bandwidth question

thegodsend

So dayz just says requirments r a modern quad core +8Gbs of ram, bla hard drive space (honestly who has smaller than a 100Gb drive these days), and at least 2Tb of bandwidth (not worried about port). The dedicated servers I'm looking at r caped at 5TBs bandwidth. I'm wondering if that's gonna be enough for a server that will hopefully average out at around 25-35 players during the day. Lastly what's a the least I'm looking for CPU(s) to run this smooth. I'm not very famillier with server CPUs and don't need over kill. I'm looking at Dual L5420 2.5ghz. Next step down is a duel core atom :/

I'm looking at hfb dedicated servers but if u have a better suggestion do tell. I have a $70/month (roughly) budget.

L5420 is old...... very old. Look here if you really want a dedicated server--> http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/dedicated-servers/
We have some servers with them and they are "correct" . 100% uptime but network is not top notch.

But seriously, for 20-25players, why you are not going with HFB standart server? They are very good!

Do not forget, if you want to run a dayz server you will need to have Windows server installed. sdWindows servers license are aroung 25$/month

I'm not going with their standard servers because they don't offer dayz origins. Plus I'm studying A+ hardware and need something to fiddle with that isn't a user friendly GUI made for dayz. Thanks for the info + link tho.

Its dual L5420 and the CPU benchmarks seem alright. The score they get giant much lower than the current i7.

You realize the only origins server you can host outside of their official GSP's is version 1.7.1 right?

Back