Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

We do not have a solid planned release time for the next version. We are working as fast as we can to get it completed and released.

We have a twitter that I use along with some of the members to give small updates on the status of the mod/port. We also have a Facebook page that we will start updating with content soon.
Twitter
Facebook

We do not have a solid planned release time for the next version. We are working as fast as we can to get it completed and released.

We have a twitter that I use along with some of the members to give small updates on the status of the mod/port. We also have a Facebook page that we will start updating with content soon.
Twitter
Facebook

Well, thanks. Isn't there any way to host a private server? There is only one server at the moment.

Again as of right now NO there is no way to host a private server of 0.2...

We are approaching the NEXT big release (we are shooting for next week but can NOT guarantee anything)...

Please keep in mind this is basically a one man show in each direction we're going... so respond to or publicize our recruitment thread and you'll have the server files faster!

ONE guy is doing ALL the coding
ONE guy is doing ALL the modeling
ONE guy is doing ALL the base building

2 of the devs basically don't do anything... lol. Me and my buddy are the newbs and don't contribute anywhere near what most devs do.

I'm doing my best to help by coordinating and directing peoples efforts... but we REALLY need more grunts/feet on the ground.... I'm approaching other teams that have systems or assets that we are considering using/including and having some good and some disappointing results...

Our method will always be producing it on our own if it won't be shared by people who have done something similar already...
We are trying to make it sooner rather than later. But we really have to coordinate again on what our goals are after this release... we may go public after this one, but the main programmer might want ONE more stint of working on it in a closed environment first... We will see.

And we ARE sorry this is taking as long as it is... we were REALLY hoping to pick up more devs but so far not too many are even open to discussing WHY we want them to much less actually joining.

A little teaser of stuff that might be coming in the next update.
This is a Work In progress Texture for buses. We are making multiple new textures for different vehicles.
Texture by ZombieDanceLeader:
arma2oa_2013-03-06_20-36-30-58.jpg

Next texture is relating to women zombies that we thought should have been in the mod from the start.
Work In Progress texture by ZombieDanceLeader:
arma2oa_2013-02-28_01-03-38-62.jpg

That is actually pretty awesome. It would be cool if you could add in female characters as well. :D

Without saying TOO much... oh boy are we.

*edit

changed "say" to "saying"

I spoke last night more with Seven and the additional females will likely not make the next update... we are adding them though for the "final" version.

*/edit

We are finalizing plans now... should have a date set by mid week this week... hopefully not too long...

We've lost yet another dev lol. Sooo.. SERIOUSLY GUYS... if anyone wants to contribute, join, help, cheer us on... PLEASE post here or on the recruitment thread, or hop on TS...

I would love to help test server side stuff. Bugs I've encountered was downloading using the 64bit installer and not being able to load alot of the buildings. Downloading using the manual full install now. A few friends that have tried to play complained about it running DayZ vanilla instead of Sahrani when they used DayZ Commander. Told them to delete their @DayZ folder if they no longer play Vanilla DayZ.

DayZ commanders override option is broke. So the game fails to load Sharani correctly because it launches @DayZ instead

Just wanted to let you guys know that I fixed my problem with buildings not loading for me by creating a @CAA1 mod folder with an addons folder inside of that and moving all my CAA1 files from the @DayZ_Sahrani mod folder into the @CAA1 folder. Hopefully that helps you guys later on.

Moving files from one mod folder to another would not have fixed this, as I've said the missing buildings is down to the game not launching in combined operations.

Wow Really great work! I actually don't particularly like the current fancy splash screen... we were thinking about doing a contest for a new one..

this one looks GREAT... I'd like to see it have the city names though like in this pic:

SahraniMap_zpsca3d8af6.jpg

Here is a comprehensive list of what I'd like to see lol in case anyone wants to give it a shot.

a merge/fade of 2 main pictures...

1. The satellite terrain map WITH the names of all the major cities big and clear sort of like what I pictured but a little more stand out-y
2. A scene from a city in Sahrani where the foreground has the same effect as the stock "DayZ" image but says "DayZ Sahrani" across the length of the bottom...

Thoes two images faded together... so the colorful map is nested in the frame of the dark/ominous in game picture where the foreground wreckage spells out the DayZ Sahrani bit..

Thats just MY thoughts... We are likely going to do some Submit your own content contests for "simple" photoshop-able stuff. Billboards, Signs, Bus ads, Splashscreens etc.

This shit looks great, really makes me wish I had the skill to help out. I hop you guys find the people you need to finish this out.

Back