Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Really looking forward to this getting released with server files, I've not played it at all yet (installing now) but from what i have seen and read it does look it can be a contender for most popular map so we will definately run this on our dedicated server once the server files get released.

Keep up the good work guys!.....Am off to find a server to have a play on now :)

There are the beginnings of PlayWithSix client download/install support:

http://play.withsix.com/mods/446-dayz_sahrani

This is not 100pct, for some reason it's not under DayZ like most other mods? Not sure if that is temporary or what...

I will do a quick tutorial once I can get a better idea of how/why it's not showing up under DayZ and how/if I or users can change that.

Ok so i've played a few hours on a server and now realise i am not seeing all the buildings that should be on the map, I've used both the installer from dayzhorror (64bit) and the full build package but somehow i still can not see the fuel stations and hangers that i am being told are on the map. There also may be other buildings i am not seeing because of this but don't know why? I have the retail downloaded version of Arma and OA from Bohemia's website so my program install path may differ from steam or CD retail version but i have never run into this issue before running any other mods. Please can someone tell me what to do so i can see everything on the map please.:confused:

Ok so i've played a few hours on a server and now realise i am not seeing all the buildings that should be on the map, I've used both the installer from dayzhorror (64bit) and the full build package but somehow i still can not see the fuel stations and hangers that i am being told are on the map. There also may be other buildings i am not seeing because of this but don't know why? I have the retail downloaded version of Arma and OA from Bohemia's website so my program install path may differ from steam or CD retail version but i have never run into this issue before running any other mods. Please can someone tell me what to do so i can see everything on the map please.:confused:

Could you maybe try the SIX installer button please?
See post above you.

Some people seem to have these problems yes, it should all be fixed when the next update will be deployed.

Ok did the full install with SIX in the above link and launched the game from there and low and behold i have a LOT more buildings in front of me now:cool:
I tried to join the server in my normal manner from the in game server browser and the game still had issues with no buildings even though i had all the dependencies enabled and Sahrani too which is a bit annoying since i'd rather not use SIX but for now i can at least see everything if i launch from SIX.

Thanks for showing me a way i can at least enjoy the map as it should be seen but hopefully as you say in future releases i can go back to the normal way of installation. Cheers and we can't wait for the server files to be released our team really want to add this to our running servers:D

Well, once launched from Six, it's literally impossible for it not to work from then on in the "in game" browser... you've launched the game with Six, so it's up... the only way you could have a building problem again is if you join a server that is running the old package and doesn't have sigs configured to kick you.

I hate this thread sounding like we're constantly blaming other vendors/sources.... but we don't need to fix anything... it's dayz commander (which I assume you've been using to launch) that is broken.

Nope, i don't use DZC to launch i use the built in server browser that Arma uses and then set a filter for Sahrani and have enabled the expansions in the image
1116962.jpg

Then i join the dayzhorror server and this pop up appears

1116963.jpg

And the buildings that i know are there when i launch from SIX will not be present.

Amongst our group some people see the buildings and others do not which caused some panic when the one guy thought we drove right through several buildings the other three couldn't see:eek:

I don't know how everyone else has installed the mod or whether they are using SIX,DZC or joining the way i do and please don't see this as a moan i just want you to know some of us are having problems that is either us not doing something right or some files not being installed properly. Hopefully you can enlighten me in the error of my/our ways with these images and we can continue to play Sahrani without any issues.

Keep up the good work and release those server files soon:p

Thank you for posting those pics...

When you get these problems how are you launching Arma?

I have the feeling this is NOT the mods you're seeing listed when you launch with play with six...

Screen shot the expansions window after having launched from Play with Six and I think you'll see what's wrong.

In your Expansions list there you have double launched and launched mods out of order...

I can't even remember the exact order (and I think it actually changes in some cases) but it's important that the game launches the expansions in the correct order, otherwise servers will check for one expansion and see another first and just give up.

I have HUGE problems with this personally and had to launch different mods according to how I installed them for the LONGEST time... I've gotten most of the launching logic worked out and just make manual shortcuts nowadays, but even then I STILL get problems on occasion.

When I used Play With Six to install Sahrani in order to test that it was working it ended up breaking ALL my previously existing/working launchers for Sahrani (I have 4 or 5 on my desktop to launch different versions, or to open it in the editor)

++

read on if you like rants:

- Play with Six installs and launches "mods" inside the "game" based on their "dependencies"...

1. Game
- Arma 2 - (green menus) You've literally probably never even launched this game
- Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - (brown/beige menus)
- Arma2 Combined Operations - This is comprised of: Arma2, & Arma2 Operations Arrowhead, and OA2 Beta Expansion

2. Mod
- Lingor, Taviana, Panthera, Sahrani, DayZ i44 etc.
- Wasteland
- Invassion 44 (not dayz i44)
etc etc etc

3. Dependencies
- Caa1
- OAC Core
- CBA (and like 8 varients)
etc etc etc

Play with six does it smart. It installs the dependencies separately THEN calls them and the mod as well in correct order.

Quick Example (not sure if actually accurate):

i44 is dependent on CBA and OAC Core

Sahrani is dependent on OAC Core and CAA1

Our install method/dayz commander install method would install OAC Core twice or more, once in each dayz mod install folder and call objects from it from those folders respectively...

So if a certain object was broken in my Sahrani OAC Core version but NOT broken in my DayZ i44 it will work there but NOT in Sahrani.

With the play with six install method it installs @OAC_Core and then calls THAT before it calls the mods that are dependent on it... so only ONE install on your harddrive of OAC Core or whatever other mod that is used by many other mods.

I Start Arma/Dayz from a shortcut on my desktop with this target line
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -

And depending on what mode i am playing i enable and disable expansions accordingly.

Ok so after starting up with SIX my expansions show in this order
1117130.jpg

So i guess if i move my mods up and down to make them read like this when i usually open up Arma and connect with the in game browser this should cure my problem.?

5 minutes later

Nope,that never worked i ordered them as SIX did and when it restarts the order goes all over the place and same errors for buildings!.....Ok so i give up trying to work this out and will continue to use SIX to connect and see all the buildings:D

Yeah Def just use PWS to launch... it's just easier.. Frankly that's how I launch ALL my mods, it's great because of the way it installs the mods/dependencies and because of how up to date and full of mods it is...

You get stuff on there WAY faster than DZC and it includes lots of awesome arma mods like wasteland and ace and invasion 44...

FYI the order has to be set in the launcher, not by clicking unclicking... it's a REALLY finicky system.. Switching keys with FULL PMC vs the Free PMC is two TOTALLY different processes... (w/o full pmc/baf you can just do registry backups and swith the reg. settings to change keys, with FULL pmc/baf you need to back up and switch some files from your user folder as well. I haven't even figured out exactly which files yet. it's a HUGE PITA)

Arma and arma mod launching and installs are a HUGE PITA in general when you go outside your normal method.

If you want to launch it with a desktop now having gotten the PWS install/launcher method working THIS launch path for your -mod section SHOULD work.. if not just keep using PWS...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@OAC_Core;@caa1;@Dayz_Sahrani

That shortcut path worked a treat, loaded up buildings first time and without having to run SIX :cool:

Thanks for the support much appreciated, i'll let my friends know how to get this working right for us and you will be seeing us on the server some more in the near future and we will be eagerly awaiting the server file release so we can host a Sahrani server! :)

A few of us have been enjoying playing Sahrani this last week and checking out the map as best we can. A few things we noticed.

Loot spawns where a bit hit and miss as to whether anything spawned or not and sometimes zombies would not appear when you got to a lootable area. A relog usually solved this but hopefully the issue can be resolved soon.

The bar type building you could get up the stairs ok but when trying to get down the gap was very narrow and i broke my legs trying to get down not sure if this can be altered or if it is the buildings mechanics?...Similar to Lingors barrack issues.

PBX where found in land numerous times which i was told was a bug by the server admin so hopefully you already know about this one and are sorting it out.

Was riding a push bike and zombies hear me from about 150-200 metres away even though they where facing opposite my direction so it was not sight that attracted them to me.

Also i like the idea of new guns but while i was trolled by some ghilie guys i noticed they had an L115 sniper rifle, now it's good you have removed the AS50 and M107 but by putting in the L115 it kind of negates removing the other 2 guns since the lapua magnum is a beastly one hit kill weapon on par if not better than the AS50 in my opinion. I prefer the fact the one hit kill sniper rifles are not in game since we have removed them from all our servers and like only having at best an 8k damage per shot while sniping if not a head shot.

We will continue to play some more when we can and see if we have any more problems or comments to try and help you improve the mod and get it released sooner.

Cheers!
:)

The bar type building you could get up the stairs ok but when trying to get down the gap was very narrow and i broke my legs trying to get down not sure if this can be altered or if it is the buildings mechanics?...Similar to Lingors barrack issues.

Could you maybe post a picture? I have no clue which building you are talking about :d

PBX where found in land numerous times which i was told was a bug by the server admin so hopefully you already know about this one and are sorting it out.

If you still find a PBX on land, please pm me in teamspeak & tell me where :)
I already moved the ones i found to sea. Thisone or these probably slipped trough :)

Also i like the idea of new guns but while i was trolled by some ghilie guys i noticed they had an L115 sniper rifle, now it's good you have removed the AS50 and M107 but by putting in the L115 it kind of negates removing the other 2 guns since the lapua magnum is a beastly one hit kill weapon on par if not better than the AS50 in my opinion. I prefer the fact the one hit kill sniper rifles are not in game since we have removed them from all our servers and like only having at best an 8k damage per shot while sniping if not a head shot.

The AS50/M107/L115 thing is chosen from inside the dayzhorror community.
I suppress the AS50& M107 myself, this suppression is not in Sahrani by default.
The thing why i did put in the LRR.

LRR maybe is 1 shot 1 kill on players, but it won't destroy an engine block with a single shot :)
And the spawn frequency on this gun is low :)

Right now there might be still a few around, but next update should normally make sure that it will become a very rare gun
er.

Cheers!

The pub is in the fix list for the next version, a lot of the arma1 buildings are smaller since scale was different back then. It will be converted to the arma 2 pub.

Loot handling will be on the server side in the final version, so admins have easy control to decide what is in their server. Our design is for open and full control and changeability

Thanks for your replies guys,nice to know you are progressing well with these issues :)

Also good to see you will be giving the server admins options to have the content they please in there servers without too much extra work needed. Will you be adding any other scripts to the mod like lifting/towing/halo's among other things or will that be down to us to add the scripts we want to have added also?...Just curious ;)

As Bass said, we run a dedicated server so we would be more than willing to set up an instance of Sahrani for testing if you need us to!

Back