Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Nice ride! :)

How's the mod coming on guys?...i've not had much chance to play recently what with running our servers but am still keen to run this when it's got a public release;)

I just want to clarify, "ispan55" has not yet contacted us directly and we can not use his assets w/o knowing where they come from etc. We would be happy to work with him but I think there may be a language barrier.

We'd be happy to adopt stuff he eventually adds to his own server if he is unable to join the team... but it will require review and verification that we are not stepping on anyone's toes...

We have been told VERY clearly on BI forums that you may not just use what you want, or redistribute other peoples work w/o approval so we intend to stick to those rules as much as possible, and will immediately remove any disputed items.

Well that was easier than expected... Power in a test mission on sahrani... luckily enough "Chernarus Electrical Grids" is actually the evolution of the original project "Sahrani Electical Grids"...

We've gotten direct approval to use it in our mod from LoyalGuard

We will likely go through it "rooter to tooter" so to speak before adding it though... the SEG is older and less modular/advanced as CEG... so we will likely hybridize.

He is also working on an even more sophisticated project for A3 so we might grab bits of that eventually as well...

Here is a quick vid of the lights working, satchels ending that, and then running to another grid to see that the lights still work there..

I'm playing with dropping generators and lights in new places not "on the grid"

Do you guys still need GFX people for art/banners/website?

Very experienced with Photoshop, could help out if needed :)

Do you guys still need GFX people for art/banners/website?

Very experienced with Photoshop, could help out if needed :)

Yoshi we are still very well in need for Graphic artists. We have plans for splash screens, a website, banners, and logos.
If you could send me a PM or email [email protected] with some of the work that you have done. Also I will see what time I can talk to you on TS.

I should have ALL the changes to vehicles and the buildings buttoned up by tomorrow evening, hopefully we will be testing on the next version by next week and have a release the week after.

We're really sorry for the delays and are eager to get this fully released so more servers are up!

I will post some updates in the changelog thread and update the vehicle thread as well tomorrow or sunday.

Vehicle/building mission file has been uploaded and should be integrated into a test build by the end of the week. Hopefully that will mean public server files at the end of next week.

Sorry for all the delays guys!

Any update on this getting on commander?

Created a draft of a logo for it

sahranialter.png

Downloaded this mod with playwithsix and manual download and neither worked. Got a error message listing alot of files and at the bottom it would say "are not signed in on a key accepted by this server. To play on this server remove the listed files or intall additional accepted keys. Would appreciate the help..thanks

Alright I tried to join that server and it said something about my content. Idk. Ive downloaded everything.

If you can put a screen shot or just type out what error you're getting I can try to help.

Hopefully this will be all sorted out in the next week or two when we do the full public release.

If you can put a screen shot or just type out what error you're getting I can try to help.

Hopefully this will be all sorted out in the next week or two when we do the full public release.

Just for clarity for anyone who's wondering, we finally got a FLOOD of information today....

1. DayZ Horror due to internal problems and obvious lack of players closed the server. We thank them for their efforts and work helping us test, and wish them all the best in the future.

2. We are now going to work on a public release based on the old code base (0.21 (DayZ Code 1.7.5)) with some minor adjustments and the additions that we've been working on as far as vehicles and building additions... there are a LOT of building and vehicle additions... it should make for a LOT more interesting play... and give those that already familiarized themselves with the map new stuff to find. The problem of un-enterable buildings in the cities is going to remain for a while, but there are lots of loot positions outside, it's just hard to get to them w/o being eaten lol. The real problem is that most of the buildings are single entrance/single exit, and with the zombies as rough as they are in 1.7.5 that makes for almost certain death. We will be lowering the zombie aggro/hearing a little bit so it's not quite so insane.

3. We have recvd the files we needed from Bohemia to full scale edit the map. We can now do ANYTHING imaginable to the map. We have more control over it than the DayZ Mod team has over Chernarus....

4. We have been given approval to edit the A1 buildings to make them enterable. This will be a VERY tedious process but one that will long term make for an AMAZING map.

5. We should know better a date for release toward the end of the week. But again we are now focused on a quick public release in order to get people playing the map.

We really want to thank everyone for their continued interest, support, and patience.

Our team really wants to make sure we are going about things in the correct manner and respect the authors of all the assets that make our mod possible.

We are standing on the shoulders of giants... There is no other way to put it. Without the amazing work of Bohemia Interactive, Dean Hall and the DayZ Dev Team, .kju[PVPSCENE], Sickboy, and countless others in the Arma Modding community our mod would not exist. PERIOD.

Back