Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

good lord, Pliskin is cranking out textures:

0rpWIo8l.jpg

M1lkm8n and Sherman spent some G+ hangout time tonight getting some building issues Sherman was having sorted out...

M1lkm8n has finished the Schnell Gas Station, it's got front door and flip up opening garage door, He will finish up the garage Seven started as well. Sherman is now 99pct done with HouseY and I think they are BOTH ready to start brushing more of the modellers up on the process... we've invited some other teams as well to join in the lessons and have a bit of a modelling jam session or two in the coming weeks..

That translates to roughly 3-5 new open buildings, and 10-15 fixed A1 buildings or objects.

I've gotten the loot tables almost exactly where we want them, a little more tuning, and some light config fixes for the gun pack and I'd say we're ready to go...

The Animated heli wrecks are just fucking amazing. Graf knocked it out of the park... He's also added:

Lootable clothing added to inventory of dead players, IE no striping animation to allow duping, but you still get skins as lootable off dead players...

Burn tents/storage boxes/weapon racks

And I BELIEVE an extra surprise to give the non 24hr daylight server hosts and players to play with... Not sure if that one will make the cut off for this build. We REALLY need to get this build out into the wild, it's fucking amazing...

OH... lol... and we will be doing a LOT of nuance edits to the map to give it more of the feel you will get once we do the full map port change over... so:

- Bluer oceans
- Removed skybox (distant mountains in the horizon removed)
- add higher res textures

We will do some quick config editing and testing and baring any hiccups that should be good to go as well.

SO SOOOOO much is in this build.
And to top it off the amount of stuff waiting in the wings, and in production is even more shocking... we are turning into a mini factory.

COME JOIN US!

Once again, looks and sounds great!
Do have a date that you are aiming for or a cutoff after which you will keep new features for the next release?

We have not been adding things, just tuning/testing what has been added... it's actually been quite ready for a while. It needs a thorough once over from Seven before we release, and for him to have a few days after that he can help with any issues that may arise. So it should not be very long now.

I'm fairly certain I just made the FINAL adjustments to the loot tables, and will now be doing some final configs on the weapon packs, then onto unbanning some more vehicles. The more I can get done while Seven is busy the shorter his list is for the final pass.

I....want....it.... NAO!

I genuinely feel like an asshole at this point, as the coordinator, I really am not organizing well timed build and release schedules.

I am doing my best now to try to get what needs done for this release finished, and then work on more realistic lists of additions per release. We'd like to be on a steady update schedule, but even with the now fairly large group, coordinating tasks and peoples available time is not exactly a walk in the park.

I have a modeller who originally contacted me over 4 months ago who is only now beginning work.. and that's fine, this is a hobby, I'm not writing anyone checks or getting sent any either lol... so it is what it is.

Now that I'm a little more proficient in small assists and batch code editing, I'd say we can start getting better and quicker updates out...

The other thing to keep in mind is we are not "another DayZ Mod" (and that's not implying anything bad about being that)

I am coordinating over 5 active projects,
1. The Sahrani Map Ports
2. SMD_Arma 1 Building Project
3. The Sahrani DayZ Mod
4. SMD_Assets Project (which I am in the middle of arranging the cooperative development of assets with the Official Community DayZ Development Team!)
5. SMD Licensed BI Assets Project
6. SMD Weapon Crafting Project

Every single drop of IP that we produce that we are allowed to share open source WE WILL, anything we are only allowed to share for Free Use no Commercial Exploit no Derivatives WE WILL...

We love this game and are 100 percent to respecting others author's rights, and the free and open sharing of any/all assets we produce.

I am also starting what I may have just decided to call ArmAversity!

We are planning on sharing and spreading the knowledge we gain as much as humanly possible. We are doing Google+ hangouts that are working out AMAZINGLY well within the Dev Team.

We are going to ensure all our modellers are trained in the o2/A2/OA importing process, and then will start inviting outside groups or devs in, This may end up getting streamed or recorded, however I think the real benefit to the G+ hangouts is the live interaction from so many smart folks all at the same time!

This guy Pliskin is UNREAL.... We're cutting it off though as promised.

Hmmmm, sinister looking US Special Forces... I wonder what kind of mess they might be trying to hide.

JGPWJPil.png

fQs2TfBl.png

YUVvZ01l.jpg

And:

I shot the Sheriff:

cxoWUnml.jpg

I swear on something we are putting a test release out tonight to have out for public release ASAP... SORRY FOR ALL THE DELAYS!!!!!!!!

It will be So worth it though.

I don't know if you (Nonov) have time for it, but it would be pretty awesome if we can renew the Sahrani hype (a.o. on Reddit) when the new update lands. You guys have so many new additions that it would be a shame if less people played it because of servers being rather empty (which I believe is currently the case).

Yeah I am going to do a promo round on reddit, They hate me though lol... not sure how it will go... I will do my best though... I REALLY wish someone with some video making skills would join the group though...

My last one wasn't TOO bad, maybe this one will be good...

Also IMO hype is just that if it's created by the people who made the product lol... So push your players to post screenshots and vids to promote...

I mean look at BMRF... they did Sahrani and didn't even let their users know they had a Sahrani server, then promoted DayZero like it was Jesus walking the earth. Guess which one got more popular?

For the record I'm not bitching, we got LOTS of publicity and it was really us that dropped the ball by not updating when we should have... but we are dealing with 4-7 open projects i/o 1 or 2... and we are very rigidly bound the the correct protocols of both Arma Modding, and not putting out shit that is slapped together.

We also are pretty dicky about taking people's input, we have a pretty rigid sense of what we want our mod to be, but that is because are welcoming to any other mods that want to use the map for anything else...

z_RACSzombie
z_RACSzombie2
z_RACSzombie3
z_RACSzombie4
z_RACSzombie4
z_RACSzombie4
z_sah_civilian1_shorts
a_sah_civilian2_shorts
a_sah_civilian3_shorts
a_sah_civilian4_shorts
a_sah_civilian5_shorts
a_sah_civilian6_shorts
a_sah_civilian7_shorts
z_sah_civilian1_pants
z_sah_civilian2_pants
z_sah_civilian3_pants
z_sah_civilian4_pants
z_sah_civilian5_pants
z_sah_civilian6_pants
z_sah_civilian7_pants
/*END ZEDS
//Begin Vehicles
NEW:
AH6X_SMD_RACS
C130_DZ
C130_SMD_BLOPS
C130_SMD_UN
UH1H_SMD_BLOPS
Mi17_Civilian_DZ
Mi17_SMD_BLOPS
MH60S_DZ
MV22*/

The change log for this update is going to require it's own forum.

3YleB.jpg

14 civilian zombies, and 1 more RACS law man.... will put together some pics/vids this week.

Test Package is going up now... Join the google plus dev group if you want to participate:

~20 New Zombies (Sahrani Citizens, RACS, Policia, US Spec Ops)
~20 added Vehicles (MV22, Mi17Civ, MH60S,C130)
- BRAND NEW Vehicle Skins (original works) (UN, RACS, Black Ops Variants of UH1's Mi17's and C130's)
~200 new weapons
- New GUI
- New HUD
- New Menu's
-New Lobby (not in for testing)
- Added Mechanics & Fixes
- Improved Crafting
- Self Bloodbagging
- Animated Wrecks with random Radio Distress Calls
- 3 types of Wrecks (soon to be 14+ or so) )
- Wreck specific loot, (UN, NATO, US)
- RACS Vehicles
- US Black Ops Air Vehicles
- ENTIRELY reworked loot tables
- ALL DayZ Official Mod Community Assets (But NO early access to the ones we helped finish for the official mod ;P
- ALL NEW ORIGINAL Crafting assets and inventory items!....

AND LOTS MORE!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see my loading screen idea used :)

Try add more shadow behind the logo though, its hard to read without, looks awesome though, great contrast between the three images...

Yeah I finally got some good source screenshots!

Let us know when you think you'll have some more time... We're going to need you to give the zed treatment you gave to the Sahrani Civilians to the Sahrani RACS, Police, and US Spec Ops.

2 weeks! lol totally just kidding.

This week for sure, it's all very little details that are getting buttoned up now. I will continue to add assets we already have all the components for, and Seven will clean up the final build.

I'm hoping for thursday or so, that way server hosts and DZC/Play with Six will have time to update the files for the weekend.

This update is going to be fucking ENORMOUS... I don't even know who the hell to begin writing up the change log...

We have as a group opted to be more realistic about is and this version will be a massive jump from expected version 0.2.2 to version 0.7.7

Our future plans though will keep going, what we have planned now will likely end up at a 2.0 version once everything we have mapped out now is included.

Holy Shit. It's just crazy how much and fast Pliskin is pumping out. He retuned some of the Racs stuff and did Digital Variants:

RACS or Royal Army Corps of Sahrani

p2cJ0v9l.jpg

UPAcfnxl.jpg

9kXoHPpl.jpg

AiW4niUl.jpg

kpOUzWll.jpg

cZtdKYHl.jpg

US Special Forces... what could these fellas be upto? Don't look too friendly

B6hiI0al.jpg

Just to give you a glimpse as to the scale of how much JUST cloths, Zombies, and Vehicle Skins we've added (there are also some vehicle additions.:

NEW Lootable Clothing

SMD_RACS_MP
SMD_RACS_MP_Tan
SMD_RACS_MP_TanDigi
SMD_RACS_Soldier
SMD_RACS_SoldierDigi
SMD_RACS_SWAT
SMD_SARA_Sheriff - Maybe being taken out.
SMD_US_SpecOps

NEW Zeds
Based on ICEWINDO's Sahrani' Civilians
z_sah_civilian1_pants
z_sah_civilian2_pants
z_sah_civilian2_pants
z_sah_civilian3_pants
z_sah_civilian4_pants
z_sah_civilian5_pants
z_sah_civilian6_pants
z_sah_civilian7_pants
z_sah_civilian1_shorts
z_sah_civilian2_shorts
z_sah_civilian3_shorts
z_sah_civilian4_shorts
z_sah_civilian5_shorts
z_sah_civilian6_shorts
z_sah_civilian7_shorts
Based on VILAS's Police Units
z_RACSzombie //Tan Camo Helmet/Pads (RACS Soldier)
z_RACSzombie2 //Sherriff (SPD)
z_RACSzombie3 //Black Camo Helmet/Pads (Policia SWAT)
z_RACSzombie4 //US SPEC OPS Helmet/Pads (US Soldier)
z_RACSzombie5 //Tan Flat bdu Black vest No Helmet/Pads (RACS MP)
z_RACSzombie6 //Tan Flat bdu blended vest No Helmet/Pads (RACS MP)
z_RACSzombie7 //Tan digi bdue blended vest No Helmet/Pads (RACS MP)
z_RACSzombie8 //Tan digi bdu Black vest (RACS Soldier)

NEW Vehicle Textures
AH6 RACS
AH6 RACS Digital Camo
C130 Black OPS
C130 UN
Landrover RACS
Landrover RACS Digital Camo
Mi17 Black OPS
UH1 Black OPS
UH1 RACS
UH1 RACS Digital Camo
UH1 UN