Dayz.st Vehicles

roguecatfish

I'm having two issues with my DayZ.st server. Number one, whenever I hit the "Spawn" button it pops up with all the data and then says "Spawned 0 Vehicles", I have the max limit set to 500 and a ton of spawn points on the map. Number two, I had the stupid idea to delete every vehicle spawn on my map and replace them all with new vehicles. Now there are just way to many vehicles that are glitched into walls, the ground, etc. Is there anyway to restore the vehicle spawns to default? Thanks.

You can restart from a backup that is before you messed anything up. Or, to reset the whole map, I think you can change to a different map and then change back.

I'm no expert. You may want to email dayz admin.

Have a check and make sure the limit_max value for each vehicle type (vehicle table) isn't set to 0.
Another point, if the vehicles haven't been completely destroyed (on fire etc) then they won't respawn.
Spawn yourself in, blow up a car, then press the spawn vehicle button a few times, it should respawn the vehicle you destroyed. If it doesn't then you'll need to contact the DayZ.ST support staff.

i noticed "Spawn" in day.st control panel has been stacking spawns on top of each other. sometimes its obvious. sometimes you dont know till you get in car, and it either bounces out the other, or you explode.. annoying.

i noticed "Spawn" in day.st control panel has been stacking spawns on top of each other. sometimes its obvious. sometimes you dont know till you get in car, and it either bounces out the other, or you explode.. annoying.

That issue comes from the admin maps 'add spawnpoint' feature sometimes adding two spawnpoints instead of 1.
Just delete the extra spawnpoint and things will be fine.

in the database, under instance_vehicle. i can sort by world space, and see the duplicates. wondering if i was to click the sql tab at the top of that section, is there a code i can put in that will find/show the dupes, or find/delete the dupes? i have 900+ vehicles. its a bitch to do it one by one. and looking on the dayz.st map, its im possible to tell which are stacked. i use TSW ( a third party rcon/admin tool) their map is 3d, and easier to see the dupes. but anyway, is there a code i can put in sql that will find/show the dupes, or find/delete the dupes?

in the database, under instance_vehicle. i can sort by world space, and see the duplicates. wondering if i was to click the sql tab at the top of that section, is there a code i can put in that will find/show the dupes, or find/delete the dupes? i have 900+ vehicles. its a bitch to do it one by one. and looking on the dayz.st map, its im possible to tell which are stacked. i use TSW ( a third party rcon/admin tool) their map is 3d, and easier to see the dupes. but anyway, is there a code i can put in sql that will find/show the dupes, or find/delete the dupes?

No doubt there is a way to do this via an SQL query. I did a quick google search and this result seemed like it could be helpful for you.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/139444

to avoid this when you place a spawn point via the admin map say no when it asks if youd like to spawn a vehicle with the spawn point..

also i know this isnt ideal but if you sort your world_vehicle table by id the duplicates will probably be every other line

I am running an .st server as well. As was mentioned above, you could change maps and then back to the one you are on, or if you are too attached to the way you have your current map set up, you could individually edit out vehicles you don't want in the database, or delete all vehicles in the 'instance_vehicle' table; restart your server, and then hit the spawn vehicles button in your server CP.

Myself, when I set up a new map from scratch, I never use the spawn vehicles button in the CP. Instead, I use the 'add vehicle' function on the Admin Map ... but never the add spawn point, because it is too easy to double spawn vehicles. Also, when you use 'add vehicle' it also adds a spawn point. 'Pushing' the spawn vehicle button over and over is simply asking for all kinds of unwanted results. Doing that just runs a script that on .st does not seem to regard whether or not a vehicle already exists in a given spawn point.

that doesnt work !!!! its spawns ur building but also adds a spawn point ! meaning wen u restart the server u end up with 2 buildings instaed ov 1 . if u wish to add building use the 3d editor in arma 2

it does work. it doesnt add 2, when you right click on the map, you click ADD VEHICLE, not spawn point, and then when it asks if you want to create a spawn point for this vehicle you click no. buildings i added months ago havent double spawned. i dont use this method anymore tho. its innaccurate, and you have to go into data base to turn it in right direction.

listen m8 i not shitting u iv been there done it b4 and it aint nothing to do with it creating a spawn point after i place the object from the custum menu i didnt add a spawn point to it ! it added it self after a couple of restarts ov the server u will see ur self i now how dayz.st work for every car u place on the map it adds a spawn point to it if u delete the spawn point the car deletes with it .
basicly this is not the right way to add building this is the retarded way lol look on youtube its all on there

but dont beleave me u keep adding building his way and watch ur server go tits up lol

Back