dayZ Street Lights

I´ve been playing arround with additional lights from the EU_Lights pack.
If i place them on a chernarus map the light is working out of the box, if i use them on a taviana map they won´t light up. Is there anything i am missing ? Do i need to add the coordinates in the fnc_return... ?

Hey Sharkking,
Would I be able to merge EU_Lights pack with Street Lights somehow to get the little lights along the runway at NWAF working?

Hey, first off thanks for this script! I really love having some lights in the streets to give some ambiance to night gaming.
Anyways I'm looking to changing the light to a bit more yellowish color, more close to the color of fire.
Are the levels of color and ambience in RGB?
_objLightPoint setLightColor [1, 0.88, 0.73];
_objLightPoint setLightAmbient [1, 0.88, 0.73];

Or how would I go about adjusting this?

EDIT: I got it, just played with the levels a bit until I got it perfect :)

Hey Sharkking,
Would I be able to merge EU_Lights pack with Street Lights somehow to get the little lights along the runway at NWAF working?
i didn´t try any of the runway lights on cherno so far and therefore cannot say it works or not. At least on Taviana EU_Lights are not working at all. I will be away for two weeks. Afterwards i will try to figure this out. Maybe there is an option to add a lightsource to the coordinates by hand (or maybe some of the aftermath devs can give a hint how they realized it there)

Hey, first off thanks for this script! I really love having some lights in the streets to give some ambiance to night gaming.
Anyways I'm looking to changing the light to a bit more yellowish color, more close to the color of fire.
Are the levels of color and ambience in RGB?
_objLightPoint setLightColor [1, 0.88, 0.73];
_objLightPoint setLightAmbient [1, 0.88, 0.73];

Or how would I go about adjusting this?

EDIT: I got it, just played with the levels a bit until I got it perfect :)

Any picture and the color values maybe ?

In the middle of writing a script to change the colour / brightness etc. based on parameters from the game so you can adjust the settings ingame. Purely as a means to decide on a good colour, presonally prefer being able to see what I am changing real time. Most likely will hide one of these lightpoints somewhere on the next release.. :)

Any picture and the color values maybe ?

Changed these two from 0.73 to 0.60 on the blue level:
_objLightPoint setLightColor [1, 0.88, 0.60];
_objLightPoint setLightAmbient [1, 0.88, 0.60];

On the tower lights I set blue at 0.65.

It gave a little bit more yellow color witch in my opinion looks much better. I do not have any pictures right now as my server has been down over 17 hours now! HFB Servers are just so freaking fast in replying to tickets! :(

Btw, axeman! Do you have the coords for the lights (telephone poles) at the NE airfield? Now It's pitch black, and I want some lights up there :)

I don't have the exact coords as they are all grouped into cells.

The light positions, in the street light addon files, are worked from the bottom left of the map, 6 cells across so will be somewhere in the 5th row.. Try looking for a worldspace near there, they should be grouped together by location..

The latest code picks them up real time, thanks to vbawol for a bit of code..

Has there been an update to the Street Lights code? Looking forward to having lights along the sides of the runway at NWAF!

Currently this is for epoch as the lights are Unbanned. I want to return the street lights to switched off and leave the other maker lights and runway lights. A mod change is required so for standard dayz a custom script will be required..

where do I put the lights folder I put it in my dayz_mission folder where my init.sqf is and this dont work (no lights)
I put it in the main dayz_server folder this dont work ( no lights) ????

most of my init.sqf lights script at the bottom

The Bliss package system works a bit like sticking your arm in a bunch
of snake nests and noticing you don't always get bitten. In this case
we got bitten; this line is to fool the merge process:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
*/

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
enableRadio false;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";
player_spawn_2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_spawn_2.sqf";
if (isServer) then {
hiveInUse = true;
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED",60];
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

// Extra actions for Taviana:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "kh_actions.sqf";

};

if (isServer) then {
axe_server_lampObjs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
"axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//StreetLights
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
};

//R3F Towing and shit (or whatever you want to title it)
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

};

i think i figured out

the fnc_returnlampWS in the compile folder in the server.pbo
Streetlights in the mission.pno ? and then edit the init.sqf like this ?

was this the correct placement ???
the fnc_returnlampWS in the compile folder in the server.pbo
Streetlights in the mission.pbo ? and then edit the init.sqf

Well, you do see the path to the lights files?

"lights\street_lights.sqf";
"lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";

This means they go in your mission pbo.
It's pretty straight forward... If not, go trough the install guide once more.

Back