DayZ Taviana for DayZ 1.7.7(Tact's Build)

Will you download if its released?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FINAL COMPLETED
Download Link:
READ ME FIRST:​
- To update your @DayZTavi please delete the old folder and extract the new one.​
http://www.anzuswargames.info/mods/@DayZTavi.zip << Updated 9.5.2013 12:16 AM​
- Fixed invalid signatures​
Awaiting to be put on DayZ Commander Officially​
SERVER HOSTED BY ANZU'S WAR GAMES​
zeta.anzuswargames.info PORT: 2352​
Server Files:​
**INCLUDED**​
- Entire Database Table​
- dayz_server.pbo​
- Mission PBO​
- Database DLLs​
DOWNLOAD SERVER FILES << UPDATED 8.4.2013​
(Included Server Key)​

if you want to keep up to date with the DLLs please keep checking this github page​
Project Downgraded to DayZ 1.7.6.1
(This will be a hybrid between 1.7.6.1 and 1.7.7)
Bugs Currently Active or found:
- Maule seems to be having an issue bouncing on the tarmac or anywhere you park it at. (Author of this mod has to fix this.)
- Bell 206 has a minor bug, you'll see yourself sunk into the seat and a flight control stick sticking through your leg, not to much of a big deal as long your not affected or damaged by it.
(Author of this Mod have to fix this)
=================================================================​
FEATURES
**Added 1.7.7 Items and the Ability to Craft
**Imported Arrow Quivers from 1.7.7, you can put arrows in quivers and take them out of quivers.
**Updated Loot Tables that spawn up to latest DayZ(Based off of 1.7.7 version and below).
**Added new Airplanes/Aircrafts
**Unlocked RHIB, UH-60M MEV, 2 Pickup PK's, 2 Offroad DSHKM, & Forest MTVR.
**Re-worked all of the vehicle config files for the available vehicles for DayZ, made them go faster offroad, and fixed camera views(For easier driving in First person view).
**Added extra ammo drum for Huey Gunners they have 2, one loaded and one extra drum.
**Added an Extra Storage Tent, Its bigger and holds more gear.
**Added an Ammo Box storage for easier hiding. Once deployed, it can not be removed.

Screenshot Of the Progress:
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/PontiacMan86/library/ArmA 2 << Check the Album :)

CREDITS
**AWG COMMUNITY**​
For my friends at AWG Community for helping me out with this project. Also for helping me find bugs. They even offered me a private server for myself to run tests for my project :). I love you guys to death.​
**KONYO**​
For his awesome Ultralight & Chinook and for his kindness.​
**DAYZ TEAM**​
For releasing such an awesome mod for ArmA 2 and giving us something to play that does not bore us to death playing ArmA 2.​
**YAC**​
For his WW1 Plane Mod the Fokker VII​
**OPENDAYZ COMMUNITY**​
INSTALLATION
For Clients
1. After you have downloaded the mod files above, extract them to your game folder if its installed by Steam it'll most likely be in this directory​
Windows Vista and Up​
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead
Windows XP:​
Code:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead
2. Once you have found your game directory and extracted the files there. Open DayZCommander and find DayZ Directory and check Override and put @DayZTavi instead of @DayZ.​
Here is what your dayz commander should look like. You may have to zoom in on the picture. I know on Firefox browsers you hold Left CTRL and than press + to zoom in.​
After you have done the following above, now you'll have to click this button to launch your game, the original DayZ Commander way will not work.​
For Server Owners:
* After you downloaded the @DayZTavi.7z file and extracted it to your server's directory go in there and make sure its @DayZTavi > Addons > all the files, and not @DayZTavi > @DayZTavi > Addons > All the Files.​
* After you have verfied that @DayZTavi is installed correctly, go ahead and download the Server Files. Once downloaded please extract these files to the main directory. Make sure that this file is in the root directory of your server. Once you have verified that its in the root directory you can now Right click on the Server Files.7z and go to 7zip > Extract Here. Once the files are extracted you should now see a folder called Server Files and go ahead and copy all the files in that folder and than paste it into the root directory.​
* Once you have extracted the server files you should now see these folders in your root directory @Reality_1.tavi, 8934746749Config_Tavi, & Complete Database. Once you see those folders than you done the procedure correctly.​
* Now open your phpmyadmin and than open the table you would wish to import the SQL database to, PLEASE NOTE this database import procedure may cause you issues if your using the same database for other servers, it is recommended that you have a clean table to import to and also make an entire backup of your MYSQL. Or if your skilled in mysql you should be able to manage to do a safe import. Okay once I have the precaution given you can click Import at the top of the phpmyadmin and click Browse and pick the tf_dayztavi.sql I have provided in Complete Database folder. Leave all the options that are on that page untouched and than click Go and it should now have imported the table into your database. You may have to go verify that it did a safe import.​
* Once you have verfied that, add -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@dayztavi in the startup parameters. and don't forget to add your @reality folder in that parameter also.​
* Once you have the startup parameters setted up, the server config files there isn't specific config files your suppose to use, you can use default server config files. You may have to adjust them accordingly for Taviana.​
* Once you think you've done everything correctly, go into your server's keys folder and make sure you place the AWG.bikey that I have provided you with. Make sure you only see these THREE FILES!! bi.bikey, bi2.bikey, and tacttavi.bikey. You must not have the dayz.bikey in there. You may also want to check expansion > keys folder as well and make sure everything is in the same in there. Also make sure you use the config file that I have provided you or atleast modify your server config files to make it load up dayz_1.tavi.pbo I have included.​
* Once all above is done and over with try launching your server and see if it shows online, and if it doesn't, check your server's .rpt log which is usually named arma2oaserver.rpt and in there you can view errors that may occur. Ignore errors with Conflicting Addon Entry, or beginning with STR_.​
Enjoy :)
TROUBLESHOOTING?​
If you having any issues, just send a reply on this topic and I'll see if I can be of any assistance to you.​

Please do! I'm waiting for Tavi 3.0 forever now and Hicks_206 has been online in March for the last time so he's not going to make it.

Question is, if you make it will it get into Dayz commander and replace 2.0 or will it become a private mod?

Won't be a private mod, and I'm working with what Hicks 206 has out but I'm going to do the changes that he listed that he was going to do and I will also be kind enough to give him credits for creating something awesome to work with. I did however tried contacting Hicks 206 but had no success I figured he probably quit on it or have things in life keeping him busy. But anyway I'll let you all know of my progress, I'll keep updating the main post of the list of things I've done. As for DayZ Commander I'll contact them when I'm almost finish see if I can get a copy on there for everybody to download. I will also be bug testing this with friends of mine making sure everything is going to work together nicely.

One suggestion for sure. LOADS of skins! My players are very bored with the 1 bandit/1 hero skin.

.EU's tiered system for humanity was nice.

P.S. I will be re-signing all of the DayZ files to ensure it remains 1.7.7 and nobody with a older DayZ copy will be able to join your servers, figure that will be an issue later on and from past experiences.
there is an option in the cfg where you can set the minimum needed version for connecting in this server!?
shouldnt this take care of this problem so far?

there is an option in the cfg where you can set the minimum needed version for connecting in this server!?
shouldnt this take care of this problem so far?

I did try that, it doesn't do anything I was still able to join with a newer DayZ and Taviana 2.0 has version 1.7.4.4 of DayZ. Its a security leak. I noticed on our server we've been running we've noticed players running newer DayZ and it would cause problems for the server such as de-sync and lag. You should give it a try Gag12 if you know how to manually run mods without DayZ Commander you'll see that you can still join your server with a newer DayZ.

As for what you mentioned Cen, I agree I am also bored of DayZ default skins and I will see what I can do for adding new Skins for Hero and Bandits. I will search online see if I can find any cool skins I can download and merge into this project.

If anybody has any ideas they would like to throw in feel free to :). Only thing I may disagree to adding is mods that add in like different variations of C130J and big airplanes such as that I don't see a point in having them since what I was seeing in our server the players would just use them to Kamikaze into people's bases or into the bridge and there isn't a place where you could hide that big plane and I am thinking of disabling them and find another aircraft to add in. I mainly thinking about a blackhawk but I am not sure if I want to add in the ones with the guns or without the guns, if I add in the gun one I'll make sure it doesn't have the M134 on them. I've also considered disabling the Gun Vodnik and replacing it with a Pickup PK or just do what Hicks 206 suggested by toning down the Armor on it.

Only thing I may disagree to adding is mods that add in like different variations of C130J and big airplanes such as that I don't see a point in having them since what I was seeing in our server the players would just use them to Kamikaze into people's bases or into the bridge and there isn't a place where you could hide that big plane and I am thinking of disabling them and find another aircraft to add in. I mainly thinking about a blackhawk but I am not sure if I want to add in the ones with the guns or without the guns, if I add in the gun one I'll make sure it doesn't have the M134 on them. I've also considered disabling the Gun Vodnik and replacing it with a Pickup PK or just do what Hicks 206 suggested by toning down the Armor on it.

Well, in DayZ 1.7.7 they removed AS-50/M107 so I would suggest to only add choppers without any guns because personally I think the Mi17 and Huey are overpowered. What about adding the civilian version of the Mi17 and Huey without the guns? And of course little bird.

Another option as a big transport chopper would be the Merlin HC3 which is banned right now: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma2_baf_merlin.jpg

And I really hate that they banned the KA137: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma2_pmc_ka137.jpg

I hope you can unban as much as possible so us admins can decide for ourselves what we spawn or not :) Of course you can ban planes like the A10 or Su-25 and such so that at least cheaters can't spawn those.

I agree with you on the C130 though, I don't think it's very useful but some people like it so perhaps you can leave it unbanned as well.

Please add the Chinook heli....

Can you also unban the pickups with the guns mounted on the back..

I think allowing vehicles that dont have any armor and the gunner is clearly open to being shot makes it fair.

Well, in DayZ 1.7.7 they removed AS-50/M107 so I would suggest to only add choppers without any guns because personally I think the Mi17 and Huey are overpowered. What about adding the civilian version of the Mi17 and Huey without the guns? And of course little bird.

Another option as a big transport chopper would be the Merlin HC3 which is banned right now: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma2_baf_merlin.jpg

And I really hate that they banned the KA137: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma2_pmc_ka137.jpg

I hope you can unban as much as possible so us admins can decide for ourselves what we spawn or not :) Of course you can ban planes like the A10 or Su-25 and such so that at least cheaters can't spawn those.

I agree with you on the C130 though, I don't think it's very useful but some people like it so perhaps you can leave it unbanned as well.

I managed to get a CH-47F but I disabled the weapons that was already on it, it had two mounted Miniguns and a rear Machine Gun which are in-operational. I looked into unbanning the Merline HC3 and the config files for it is in the BAF folder and you can't extract any of those PBO, but however I could unban the original model in the config files. As for the Pickup with mounted guns I already got hose un-banned as you can see in the pictures above. The four pickups you see are the Mounted gun ones. What I'm aiming for in this mod is to be fair on all ends. Trying not to add anything that'll be unfair or just way over-powering such as that gun vodnik, I'm still debating if I want to keep that or make the glass weaker on it so you can atleast be able to shoot the driver out. As for the C130s I'll leave them in as an optional thing for server admins to enable by themselves. I will unlock as much as I could but at the same time not unlock anything over-powering or something that a hacker could get by spawning it in. I'm going to see if I can ban the A10s for good any classname variations of it and for any other over-powering vehicles that hacker can spawn. Let me know what you think what I've done so far. I was consdering also to add those old WW1 Fokker VII atleast to try to balance out the air combats, they are slow fliers they go about 230 and they are hard to shoot.

Any idea of when you think you'll be ready to push this out?

I can easily have a test server available if you need one.

Any idea of when you think you'll be ready to push this out?

I can easily have a test server available if you need one.

If I do a good job with it which I am aiming for within a few days of going through testing and testing with a few of my friends. I do appreciate you offering me a test server but at the time I have one which my community provides, which is Anzu's War Games. What I may end up doing if the test goes well I'll be hosting it on a single server for a day or two just to make sure everything is good and than I will push it out for the General Public. Hopefully from there it'll be smooth sailing from there. I did keep the C130 Unlocked and Osprey but I won't make them apart of the primary spawn .sql but as a optional thing you could import in, I wouldn't recommend adding them in if you have one of those Base Building mods because people like to kamikaze that big plane into bases and also not to mention the Bridge to.

Hey folks,

I ran into a dead end with 1.7.7 so I'm going to get it working with 1.7.6.1, I know for sure it'll work on that version. The reason why I can't get it working with 1.7.7 they added some extra Database Entries and with what Database that is out there for Third Party mods such as Taviana, Oring, Lingor, Namalsk, and etc will not work for 1.7.7. I did message the creator about the issue. The project for this may be delayed a little longer but hopefully not to long but not more than a week tops. Hopefully this message is not to much of a inconvenience. I will work as much as possible on it, may take a day or two break from it just to clear my head a bit, which will come with more ideas I will throw into the mod. I did hear some bad things about 1.7.7 and the major changes that they've done. I will also try to salvage any of the new things that DayZ added in 1.7.7 into 1.7.6.1 so everybody can atleast play with some of the new features that was in 1.7.7 in the 1.7.6.1 version.

Honestly I've heard horror stories about 1.7.7. and there isn't anything in it that is great to have. I already swap out AS50/M107 on my server any way so I'm not concerned about removal of .50 cals.

I think just getting it to 1.7.6.1 is a huge step forward!

I've been reading horror stories about 1.7.7 as well. Much stronger zombies still hitting you through the walls and from 10ft distance and knocking you down 50% of the time so 1.7.6.1 sounds perfect for now.

I've been reading horror stories about 1.7.7 as well. Much stronger zombies still hitting you through the walls and from 10ft distance and knocking you down 50% of the time so 1.7.6.1 sounds perfect for now.
instead of reading try playing it.. Ive played since it was released and have no problems with it.. Its simple.. People gotta learn how to play.. changes like this require to adapt to playstyle.. Im tired of people crying like lil kids over it.. god forbid that the cry babes have to change their playstyle

instead of reading try playing it.. Ive played since it was released and have no problems with it.. Its simple.. People gotta learn how to play.. changes like this require to adapt to playstyle.. Im tired of people crying like lil kids over it.. god forbid that the cry babes have to change their playstyle

If it was available for Taviana I would play it for sure. I just can't play Chernarus anymore since the first day I've played Taviana. I tried it a few days ago with Dayz Breaking Point but it's no good, Taviana is so much better.

It's not about the dayz version for me but about the map so I would appreciate Tavi on 1.7.6.1 or 1.7.7 just to attract more players to that map who now all are going to Origins (which I don't like tbh). For all I care I keep playing 1.7.4.4 for the next 6 months.

Yea,

I've test my modded files on 1.7.6.1 and they work. Do you guys really want those extra storage options they added in 1.7.7 like those stash piles? There was some other things I've noticed they was trying to add in like Crafting abilities such as being able to craft guns, craft gun attachments, and I think they also are trying something like creating your own Settlement but it is all disabled, maybe in their future release they'll have it unlocked. But luckily a few of my friends told me some horror stories they've had with 1.7.7 they also agree if I get it working with 1.7.6.1 it'll be better than 1.7.7. I'll see if I can just get my unlocked vehicles added in 1.7.6.1 plus those extra storage options. The extra storage options shouldn't require excessive modding to get them to work. I'll check out the other new features that 1.7.7 has see if I can get them added. I know they've added some custom anti-hacks themselves which I'll see if I can use any of them for 1.7.6.1. It did suck when I ran into this dead end with 1.7.7 but it was all for the better.

don't even worry about anything 1.7.7 related, get vanilla 1.7.6.1 working and everybody will be fine!

Back