DayZIsladuala Download, Installation, and Official Server Thread

Isladuala has been upgraded to 1.1! Remember to follow the instructions on upgrading. If you do not have the map installed then follow the initial installation instructions.

REMINDER: You need to have the 1.0 version of the map, then install the 1.1 over it.

Isladuala has been upgraded to 1.1! Remember to follow the instructions on upgrading. If you do not have the map installed then follow the initial installation instructions.

REMINDER: You need to have the 1.0 version of the map, then install the 1.1 over it.

I think it would be less confusing to install for first timers if the install and upgrade instructions were more consistent. Something like this:

Upgrading:
First thing before you upgrade is have the initial pack installed. To do this follow the originl installation instructions below. Once you have the done follow these upgrade instructions below:
  1. Download the latest version [1.1]
  2. Extract the .ZIP file.
  3. Copy the contents of the .ZIP file into your ARMA2:OA folder and overwrite everything it asks you to.
Installing:

YOU NEED TO COPY AND PASTE LINKS!
  1. Download the original version [1.0]
  2. Extract the .ZIP file.
  3. Copy the contents of the .ZIP file into your ARMA2:OA folder
  4. Download the latest version [1.1]
  5. Extract the .ZIP file.
  6. Copy the contents of the .ZIP file into your ARMA2:OA folder and overwrite everything it asks you to.
I understand you want the latest upgrade close to the top of your post but it would be nice to have a new install summary at the top as well.
/friendly suggestion

Having quite a few issues. Multiple errors/file problems when joining the game. Ingame there is no lighting/shadows, water is purple, the shore is pure white with no texture, no ambient noise, and there are no zombies for me (kind of cheap since I can still loot). Also get kicked every 5 minutes for wrong file signatures. All I did was drop 1.0 in my oa, update the files with the 1.1 then launch with the batch.

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_dubbing_counterattack'
No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'.
'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m8_compact/burst/' is not a value
No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/isladuala/Grid.offsetX'.
No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/isladuala.Sounds'.

dz1_zps8914a075.png

Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_dubbing_counterattack'
Quick'n'Dirty Fix: MOVE your "Addons" folder from your ArmA2 to your Arma2:AO Folder.

@pwnoz0r: Are vehicles already activated / spawned?
Tried to find one for 3 hrs now w/o luck, only found a crashed drone with your dead body besides it ;)

Quick'n'Dirty Fix: MOVE your "Addons" folder from your ArmA2 to your Arma2:AO Folder.

Tried to find one for 3 hrs now w/o luck, only found a crashed drone with your dead body besides it ;)
Yeah there is around 40+ vehicles on the server. About that drone... :rolleyes:

Guess I just had a look in the wrong places then :/
Oh well, at least my Footage is recorded so I can spread the word about Duala via YouTube today...
Any ETA for the serverfiles? Me & MrSherenai want to play with them :)

Hello,

I joined the Isladuala Server today for the first time and did not have any problems connecting to it.
Looks all good for me, no issues with the textures or anything else.
The Zombies aggro from miles away but also loose their interest fast.
Got kicked several times without a message, first time after ~5 minutes, second time after ~15 minutes and third time after ~1 minute.

Edit: How often does the Server save the character data? It is kinda annoying, after getting kicked, to spawn at a location I was several minutes ago and without the loot I gathered :rolleyes:

Ah, thanks for your help, fixed everything with that!

Also, happy new year everyone ^^

Can you reset my character aswell? When I try to log I get the "Something went wrong, disconnect and try again, or I spawn in the sea without a character.

Hello,

I joined the Isladuala Server today for the first time and did not have any problems connecting to it.
Looks all good for me, no issues with the textures or anything else.
The Zombies aggro from miles away but also loose their interest fast.
Got kicked several times without a message, first time after ~5 minutes, second time after ~15 minutes and third time after ~1 minute.

Edit: How often does the Server save the character data? It is kinda annoying, after getting kicked, to spawn at a location I was several minutes ago and without the loot I gathered :rolleyes:

Likely due to highping or bad connection. Server saves character data constantly and right now the only autokick features are for high ping, and or issue with battleeye master server not responding. Both of these could cause your desynch with data.

CD key in use out of nowhere.

Did you buy a retail/steam copy of the game? This issue is not related to the server but to the product key of your actual game - Seems like someone may have gotten ahold of it.

The only information the server gets is your GUID - which is calculated by battleeye.

If you didn't buy a retail/steam copy and only bought a key, the keyseller could have sold you a bad key. Often they sell the same key to many people.

There are also programs out there that will steal your CD key (this is what key sellers usually use) - You could have inadvertentlty downloaded a keystealer. There is no way really to know.

Did you buy a retail/steam copy of the game? This issue is not related to the server but to the product key of your actual game - Seems like someone may have gotten ahold of it.

The only information the server gets is your GUID - which is calculated by battleeye.

If you didn't buy a retail/steam copy and only bought a key, the keyseller could have sold you a bad key. Often they sell the same key to many people.

There are also programs out there that will steal your CD key (this is what key sellers usually use) - You could have inadvertentlty downloaded a keystealer. There is no way really to know.

thx for answering, but it was just because someone else was playing on my steam account :)

Looking forward to testing 1.1 and finding some vehicles!

I also noticed the same problem with the small barracks being un-enterable so hopefully the fix you mentioned will happen for this map.

In the NW of the map there is a curious dumping ground of dead vehicles and general rubbish that flows down the slope and out into the bay; but the objects in the water appear to be floating when they shouldn't be, whilst other objects on the slope leading down to the water are not sitting 'naturally' on the landscape. All this appears within the red circle area:

isladualmaphighlight.PNG

The server files are released! There is also a new server online be sure to grab the new IP.

EDIT: If you're looking for the files they are attached to the main post.

Back