Death Messages not working since update to 1.7.4.4

Newt

Has anyone been able to get death messages working since updating to 1.7.4.4? I rebuilt my files and copied dayz_server.pbo and dayz_1.chernarus.pbo over to my server but they are not showing up. Did something change in the new version?

I meant Kill Messages.. Player A Killed Player b with weaponX

Are the tables in the database?
I build/migrated with carepkgs, killmsgs and buildings.
And had to find out it didn not migrate the extra addons.

Adding them to the DB by hand as we speak. And i will be testing it out after the next restart in a few hours.
Players are online and don`t want to disrupt them from having fun :)

I`ll keep you posted. But for now, i already noticed that the migration of the addons failed.

All of my other Addons are working, wrecks and buildings are spawning. Even my modified heli loot seems to be working. Just not the Kill Messages even tho i can see them being logged in the RPT file.

I see the logging in my server .rpt file:
Code:
22:36:45 "PKILL: Barny was killed by Unknown with weapon BAF_AS50_scoped from 632.434m"

the code is in the dayz_server files: server_playerDied.sqf

Code:
_loc_message = format["PKILL: %1 was killed by %2 with weapon %3 from %4m", _victimName, _killerName, _weapon, _distance];

diag_log _loc_message;
[nil, nil, rspawn, [_victim, _message], { (_this select 0) globalChat (_this select 1) }] call RE;

I havent been logged in on my server though to actually check if the globalchat is displayed.

edit:
It might have something to do with this:
Code:
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
enableRadio false;
Could be either one of those that "hide" the message.

Its in the mission file init.sqf

has anyone tested the above? I tried before installing some updates but have not tried again, Might give it a shot next server restart if no1 else has tried by then

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
enableRadio false;

CHANGE THE ABOVE TO THEIR OPPOSITES AND KILL MESSAGES WORK, CONFIRMED. capslock fail from ingame :/

Most likely you can just comment the two lines out:

Code:
//player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//enableRadio false;

Hi,
is the messages plugin working for you guys?

I integrated it, but there are no messages shown at all, im quite sure i did everything right.
Im using DayZ 1.7.4.4 btw.

They're not working for me as well, whenever I add them the server gets stuck on the loading screen after character creation.

Back