Debug monitor not showing

Tylerv

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to use this debug monitor

Code:
if (isNil "custom_monitor") then {custom_monitor = true;} else {custom_monitor = !custom_monitor;};

while {custom_monitor} do
{
    _kills =        player getVariable["zombieKills",0];
    _killsH =        player getVariable["humanKills",0];
    _killsB =        player getVariable["banditKills",0];
    _humanity =        player getVariable["humanity",0];
    _headShots =    player getVariable["headShots",0];
    hintSilent parseText format ["
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='center'>%1</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Blood:</t><t size='1' font='Bitstream'align='right'>%2</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Humanity:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%3</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Murders:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%4</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Bandits Killed:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%5</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Zombies Killed:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%6</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Headshots:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%7</t><br/>
    ",dayz_playerName,r_player_blood,round _humanity,_killsH,_killsB,_kills,_headShots];
sleep 1;
};

I am putting that code into a file called custom_monitor.sqf and then adding this code at the bottom of my init.sqf

Code:
[] ExecVM "custom_monitor.sqf";

Any idea why this monitor is not showing up when I go in game?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Try using http://pastebin.com/MPJvZjQd instead of yours, there might be a syntax error somewhere, while I know this one works as I use it. Tad colorful and has some extra stuff added on, but meh. Also, did you check your .RPT to see if it's bitching about anything missing a } or ]?

I found a different debug program off of another site that seems to work. Thanks for the support

I'd be interested in a new debug monitor script. I'm using the same one as OP, but it gives constant errors in my RPT.
There's another thread with a debug, but it requires mapping a key. I want it always on.
Is this what you found?

My debug ( the one I wrote that has a toggle function w/ an anim for shits and giggles) is based entirely off of that one Tylerv xD That ones the bomb.

Yes, the one Tylerv linked is the one I am using now. It works, but I get endless error messages in my RPT file.

Matt L, when you say toggle function, do you mean you can toggle it on and it stays on until you manually toggle it off, or does it toggle off after a few seconds.
I like the bandit/hero alive count thing... I might add that to mine!

Yes, the one Tylerv linked is the one I am using now. It works, but I get endless error messages in my RPT file.

Matt L, when you say toggle function, do you mean you can toggle it on and it stays on until you manually toggle it off, or does it toggle off after a few seconds.
I like the bandit/hero alive count thing... I might add that to mine!

Toggle off w/ animation stays off till you toggle it on

I want it to stay on unless I toggle it off though. Like a light switch.
I don't see where it does the toggle function in the pastebin link you posted.

I didn't paste my whole script, just the actual debug part. i'll find you a link. and it is like a lightswitch.

Back