Delays w/Bandaging and Dying with Sarge AI

Dusty Nuttles

Valued Member!
Version of SAR_AI : 1.1.0
Version of Dayz : 1.7.6.1
Serverpackage Type : Bliss
Version : Not sure [dayz.st?]
Installed mods : Sarge, Street lights, Auto Refuel.
Enabled debug modes: Not sure.

Get shot from AI, use bandage...there is a long delay before the bandage gets applied. Sometimes go through several before it works.

Get shot from AI, know I'm dead...long delay before I actually die. No hourglass. Sometimes just a static hourglass with no countdown.

Any suggestions and/or help resolving this issue is greatly appreciated!

Ok, after reading all 60 pages of the Sarge Ai thread [1,199 posts if anyone like myself was counting lol]...I think I found a solution.

I had approx 160 Ai...

I lowered that to 120 Ai...

After implementing that number, everything seemed lag free. I did this last night before bed and saw positive results. I'll talk it over with some players who stayed on the server that were aware of the problem to make sure the issue has in fact been resolved.

Ok, after reading all 60 pages of the Sarge Ai thread [1,199 posts if anyone like myself was counting lol]...I think I found a solution.

I had approx 160 Ai...

I lowered that to 120 Ai...

After implementing that number, everything seemed lag free. I did this last night before bed and saw positive results. I'll talk it over with some players who stayed on the server that were aware of the problem to make sure the issue has in fact been resolved.

how to u get to know the numbers of the Ai.....becoz i have the same issue as u do, but i can't get to know the numbers of Ai so i cannot solve the problem :(

1. What are you values in the dynamic spawns?
2. Do you have static spawns?
3. If yes to #2, how many did you set in static?

There is a dynamic default setting in the SAR_config.sqf which should look like this...

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 1;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 1;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 1;

// chance for a group to spawn (1-100)
SAR_chance_bandits = 50;
SAR_chance_soldiers = 30;
SAR_chance_survivors = 50;

// maximum size of group (including Leader)
SAR_max_grpsize_bandits = 3;
SAR_max_grpsize_soldiers = 3;
SAR_max_grpsize_survivors = 3;

I changed it cuz I only want static spawns as prescribed by Sarge in the thread. I changed all the values to zero and kept it TRUE above those numbers.

So there is the default amount, count them...as well as the ones you assigned town by town in the grps file which looks like this:

// Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Whatever values you entered to whatever town in question are easily counted.

Hope this helps...

i was changing the maxgroups and the three(maxgrps rndgrps maxpgrp in the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf so if i use the dynamic spawns will that affect what i change in the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf file? or i just need to make the chance for a group to spawn 120 lower combine with all three? :) thank you for answering my questions

i was changing the maxgroups and the three(maxgrps rndgrps maxpgrp in the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf so if i use the dynamic spawns will that affect what i change in the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf file? or i just need to make the chance for a group to spawn 120 lower combine with all three? :) thank you for answering my questions

Look at it like this...there are two types of dynamic spawns...

1. The settings in the SAR_config.sqf will randomly spawn Ai near any player, at any location.
2. The settings in your grps will spawn in those designated area's.

They are separate from each other.

Back