Diary Subjects, Map Markers and View Distance?

vRNemesis

Could anyone help me with adding any of this to our server? We host from Dayz.st so only have access to the mission.pbo and server.pbo. In testing, I've managed to get ellipses to show up on the map, and I can change their size/shape but I can't get text to show up.

This was the code I used, in mission.sqm under class Markers.
Code:
        class Item7
        {
            position[]={4372.6641,46.275856,10846.304};
            name="test1";
            text="test1";
            markerType="ELLIPSE";
            type="Empty";
            colorName="ColorOrange";
            a=80;
            b=80;
            angle=45.631645;
        };
Also tried this:
Code:
        class Item8
        {
            position[]={9931.499,129.98312,11349.759};
            name="test2";
            text=" test2";
            type="mil_warning";
            colorName="ColorOrange";
        };
Basically copied it straight from a Takistan Life mission file. The ellipse shows up on the map, but not the text.

Next is Diary subjects, I've tried adding things like a changelog and server information on the upper left hand side when you open the map. Right when I join my server, they show up for about half a second then disappear.

This is what I did:

Created a file called "briefing.sqf" and placed it in the root of my mission.pbo and added this to the init.sqf:
execVM "briefing.sqf";

Here is my briefing.sqf:
Code:
player createDiarySubject ["rules", "Rules"];
player createDiarySubject ["changelog", "Change Log"];
player createDiarySubject ["teamspeak", "Teamspeak & Server Info"];

player createDiaryRecord["changelog",
[
"Test Subject 3",
"
<br/>
        [Added] - Test3<br/> 
"
]
];

[
"Test Subject 2",
"
<br/>
        [Added] - Test2<br/>
"
]
];

[
"Test Subject 1",
"
<br/>
        [Changed] - Test1<br/>
"
]
];

player createDiaryRecord["rules",
[
"
<br/>
    Rule1<br/>
    Rule2<br/>
    Rule3<br/>

"
]
];

player createDiaryRecord["teamspeak",
[
"About Us",
"
<br/>
    Description.
"
]
];

player createDiaryRecord["teamspeak",
[
"Teamspeak",
"
<br/>
    Teamspeak Info.
"
]
];

Am I missing something or will it just not work with dayz?

Finally, is it possible to increase the view distance? I've searched and searched but none of the results work. I've already removed the fog and changed other weather effects, but the fog still shows up around 1300-1400m in-game.

If anybody can shed any light on any of these subjects for me it would be greatly appreciated. These are the 3 main things I have not been able to figure out on my own. Thanks!

Does no one know how to make diary subjects work? This is the main thing we would like on our server, but I still haven't been able to figure out why they disappear right away when the server starts.

Hey, how did you get the fog removed from your dayz.st server? I'm using the same host and want to tone down the fog on Taviana. How did you do it?

To remove all fog and increase view distance for everyone
Create a file called nofog.sqf and put this code into it

Code:
setviewdistance 9000;
bis_fog = 0;

setviewdistance 9000;
0 setovercast 0;
0 setrain 1;
//0 setfog 0;
0 setfog bis_fog

then in your ini file put this

Code:
// NoFog:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "nofog.sqf";
};

I am trying this now... I read in the other thread about battleeye kicks and with Dayz.ST hosting we don't have access to a scripts.txt file or anything of the sort, so this might not work for me but thank you anyways! I have been wanting to control the fog for over a month. hopefully this works!

To remove all fog and increase view distance for everyone
Create a file called nofog.sqf and put this code into it

Code:
setviewdistance 9000;
bis_fog = 0;

setviewdistance 9000;
0 setovercast 0;
0 setrain 1;
//0 setfog 0;
0 setfog bis_fog

then in your ini file put this

Code:
// NoFog:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "nofog.sqf";
};

Audio, just to clarify. where do you put the nofog.sqf and exactly what ini are you editing? hiveext.ini? Or did you mean init.sqf?

Forgotten: decompile yout mission pbo inside you will find a init.sqf there you mus add the execvm line and the nofog.sqf muy be located in the root of the extracted mission, after edit, repack the pbo upload an test it ;)

@VRNemesis

can you try to setup the font attibute, im not sure but can help:

font = Zeppelin32;
SizeEx = 0.03921;
colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};
colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

Audio, just to clarify. where do you put the nofog.sqf and exactly what ini are you editing? hiveext.ini? Or did you mean init.sqf?

Open your mission file, in there you should have description,mission,ini and maybe a few others. You put the nofog.sqf in there. Then the ini in the same place you open that and put the exec in at the bottom

Code:
setviewdistance 9000;
bis_fog = 0;

setviewdistance 9000;
0 setovercast 0;
0 setrain 0.5;
//0 setfog 0;
0 setfog bis_fog;

[] spawn {
    _delay = 3;
    sleep 0.01;
    while {true} do {
        _delay  setovercast 0.5;
        _delay  setrain 0;
        _delay  setfog bis_fog;
        sleep _delay ;
    };
};

This is the exec

Code:
// NoFog:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "nofog.sqf";
};

Forgotten: decompile yout mission pbo inside you will find a init.sqf there you mus add the execvm line and the nofog.sqf muy be located in the root of the extracted mission, after edit, repack the pbo upload an test it ;)

I use Pwn's, no repack needed. I knew all the rest, he just kept saying "ini" instead of "init". Thought maybe a different server package used some file like that.

@VRNemesis

can you try to setup the font attibute, im not sure but can help:

font = Zeppelin32;
SizeEx = 0.03921;
colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};
colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
Didn't work, it seems as though something in the dayz specific code is blocking it possibly, but I have no idea where or what to look for.

Any1 have idea - i add No Fog scrip - and server kicks all ppl for script restriction #84

So edit the scripts.txt file line

5 setViewDistance !"\"setViewDistance\","

and

5 setFog !"\"setFog\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;\n0 setFog _currentFog;" !"if (_currentWeatherChange == \"FOG\") then {\n_timeUntilCompletion setFog _targetWeatherValue;\n};" !"0 setFog _initialFog;\n\nif (_initialOvercast == -1) then {"

and

5 setOverCast !"\"setOverCast\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;\n0 setFog _currentFog;" !"if (_currentWeatherChange == \"OVERCAST\") then {\n_timeUntilCompletion setOvercast _targetWeatherValue;" !"0 setOvercast _initialOvercast;\n\nif (_initialOvercast >= 0.75) then {"

to

1 setViewDistance !"\"setViewDistance\","

1 setFog !"\"setFog\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;\n0 setFog _currentFog;" !"if (_currentWeatherChange == \"FOG\") then {\n_timeUntilCompletion setFog _targetWeatherValue;\n};" !"0 setFog _initialFog;\n\nif (_initialOvercast == -1) then {"

1 setOverCast !"\"setOverCast\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;\n0 setFog _currentFog;" !"if (_currentWeatherChange == \"OVERCAST\") then {\n_timeUntilCompletion setOvercast _targetWeatherValue;" !"0 setOvercast _initialOvercast;\n\nif (_initialOvercast >= 0.75) then {"

or if you like:

5 setViewDistance !"\"setViewDistance\"," !"\setviewdistance 9000\","

maybe alter the viewdistance in your setup to a unique value, so you can exempt your distance from a possible hackers?

here's how it works:

extract missionfile

extract compiles.sqf from dayz_code.pbo
put it in your missionfile under /fixes/

call it with fixes/compiles.sqf in the init.sqf

extract dynamicweather.sqf (or similar) also from dayz_code.pbo
again put it in the fixes folder of your missionfile

edit the compiles.sqf that it execs the weather script from the fixes folder instead of the dayz_code.pbo

add
setViewDistance 4000;
somewhere in the first couple lines of the init.sqf

edit the weatherscript and change the rain,fog,clouds to your liking

repack mission file and test.

fog is like a viewdistance limiter

0.X means 0 to X% of your viewdistance is in effect.
for example if you use 10000m as viewdistance and have 0.5 (default) as fog value the viewdistance will drop to a minimum of about 50% - 5000m. the fog is random so it will vary between 0 and 0.5

mine is set to 4000 and fog is at 0.25

ok this fixes folder when changing the compile.sqf you say to point the dynamicweather to the mission.pbo what is the correct snytax for this I have z\fixes\dynamic...

you have your mission folder something like this

mission.pbo\fixes\compiles.sqf
mission.pbo\fixes\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf
mission.pbo\init.sqf

edit in the init.sqf:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

to

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";

edit in the fixes\compiles.sqf:
execVM "\folderpath bla bla bla\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf"; // its not right path but youll able to find it

to

execVM "fixes\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

then just edit the dynamicweathereffects.sqf
to you liking, all the stuff in that is commented so you how what to change when youre viewing it

ty for the help works like a champ now
I know how to edit this will be looking into trying to mod some other things

I marked my Klen Military Installation with this;
position[]={11475.137,317.29391,11331.216};
name="KlenMilitaryInstallation";
text="Klen Military Installation";
type="waypoint";
colorName="ColorRed";

Back