Dynamic Spawn Range

Nekuan

Hey,
i just had 3 players killed because the AI spawned about 50m next to them. "You hear static coming from your radio" and then they died 2 seconds after.
Is there a way to increase the range between AI spawn and the players they spawn at? Didn't find anything in the config.

If the dynamic ai are too troublesome then disable them. I consider 50m a fair distance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes usually it's fair but unrealistic if you are in an open field and they pop out of nowhere! Is there a way to set the distance higher? Cause I like the dynamic spawns, they just need to spawn more distant!

As I said, the minimum spawn distance is already set at 200m. The distance is unlikely the problem here, but a lack of space for spawning. I am investigating this but having such strict distance requirements is close to impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

In the next update, dynamic spawns will be prevented if at least 1 player is within 100m of the calculated spawn point. You may notice a slight decrease in dynamic AI spawns but it's better than having them spawn too close.

Great thank you!
Had the .. problem again this morning. Left my chopper and 10 sec after the static came in. Literally 2 seconds after that my mate besides me died :D
If that would not be this often I wouldn't even have a problem with it.
And just to clarify: The radio warning means they spawned or they engage? I always assumed that if you hear static coming from your radio they spawned? If so: they spawn to close. If it just means that they are engaging or have a visual that would be ok as we just didn't see them soon enough.

The static message means the AI waypoint has just been placed on your position (or another player within 50m) and that there are at least 2 units on the way. If there is only one lone unit, there will be no radio messages.

Also be sure to grab the newest spawnBandits_dynamicV2.sqf from Github. The original 1.9.4 version had a typo in it that may cause problems with dynamic AI spawning.

Back