DZAI heli patrol help

Daddy Kropp

Just set up DZAI and set up the heli patrols (UH-1H, UH-1Y, MH-60, and MI17). The helis are in the server patroling around, but do not fire at anyone whether they are flying by or on the ground (on foot or in vehicle), the helis just seem to hover above people and fly around. Was there a setting I missed to give the helis ammo? or what steps do I need to take to make sure the helis are attacking as well.

The helis will attack just fine, but how the AI are in DayZ, they have trouble spotting people on the ground who aren't shooting or driving.

If you have them spawned and flying, that's all you had to do.

Just set up DZAI and set up the heli patrols (UH-1H, UH-1Y, MH-60, and MI17). The helis are in the server patroling around, but do not fire at anyone whether they are flying by or on the ground (on foot or in vehicle), the helis just seem to hover above people and fly around. Was there a setting I missed to give the helis ammo? or what steps do I need to take to make sure the helis are attacking as well.

Shoot at one to get their attention, see if they still ignore you.

I'm using DZAI myself and when on foot helis certainly spot me and start shooting if I'm not in cover. Sometimes, they spot me if I've taken out a zed with an SD weapon from cover too. The helis should have ammo by default. As far as I can tell, DZAI don't run out of ammo, although they do have to reload. Helis don't tend to spam like bandits on foot. I haven't really done much tweaking of the script, except for one thing that may make a difference; I've set mine to freeforall in the init file. The helis will shoot at ground bandits and players alike, as well as the ground bandit shooting at heli patrols.

Don't know if this will be much help, but hopefully yours is working now. If not, get in touch with me on my TS server: ts3.alpha-networks.co.uk:10050

I use the DZAI and I got the Air Patrol are so annoying sometime for players. The other day a player got 3 chopper after him. Of course result by a death and lost vehicle.

Shoot at one to get their attention, see if they still ignore you.

The UH-1H (huey) does shoot at players just fine. But the MH-60, MI17, and UH-1Y (venom) do not seem to have ammo, they will follow player helis, vehicles, or even hover over people on foot, just never attack.

Back