Epoch/overpoch offline base defense

Inkko

Valued Member!
Anyone know of a script that would help players with base defense while offline? or would want to work on a script with me to get one working? I was thinking of making spawnable AI to guard ones base that will only go away if killed or the player turns them off but I lack knowledge in some areas. Its something my player base wants just haven't seen anything around like it, or maybe my google search days are over.

What do y'all think about this idea?

Anyone know of a script that would help players with base defense while offline? or would want to work on a script with me to get one working? I was thinking of making spawnable AI to guard ones base that will only go away if killed or the player turns them off but I lack knowledge in some areas. Its something my player base wants just haven't seen anything around like it, or maybe my google search days are over.

What do y'all think about this idea?
ai would be slightly annoying and require more files, I always thought doing some sort of online check through the server and then using the players placed plotpole would be a good place to start. maybe with like a small area of indestructible buildings or some such. But this brings about the issue of what if blah isnt online, then the buildings will still have god even though blah2 is shooting out the windows at my suv

ai would be slightly annoying and require more files, I always thought doing some sort of online check through the server and then using the players placed plotpole would be a good place to start. maybe with like a small area of indestructible buildings or some such. But this brings about the issue of what if blah isnt online, then the buildings will still have god even though blah2 is shooting out the windows at my suv
I have plot management, plot pole 4 life, door management and all that stuff on my overpoch so I have a baseline for setting up certain requirements. I'm testing out a script now that makes workbenches have an option to turn on/off AI defense, and when turned on it will write and save data into the inventory for the workbench. So on server start up it'll read that the defense is on and the player IDs of the players that are friendly to the AI. It has plot pole requirements meaning you can't place a workbench and just turn on the defense, you need to have a plot pole and be added to it. Still don't have AI and haven't thought about how the AI will be friendly with the players (plot owner and added players to plot) of the base.

That is all I've gotten done so far on working towards AI guards at a base to semi-protect it while the owners are offline.

Okay, if someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.
So i have the workbench as my variable holder, true or false, and the AI will spawn on server start server side if the workbenchs variable is true. I still need to attach the owner and sub owners IDs into the variable of the workbench so in the database it'll be something like this in the inventory area: [["true"],["Owner","sub owner","sub owner"]].

I was thinking of making a trigger or sensor or while loop to check if a player is within X distance of the workbench and if their ID is in the list then to _x setcaptive true and on leaving set it false so that the AI wouldn't attack the owners when they are around their base. Anyone have an idea on how I could do this? I have the object I can pass and the variable that holds the on off state as well as the owner IDs will be attached to the object I just can't think of a way to make some kind of trigger for players entering an area around the object.

one of the few things i wanted to do and shouldnt be terribly difficult.

my plan was that i had a refugee,camp and would be able to recruit ai which would go,to your base and defend it. during restart they would be repsawned there. any ai killed would be subtracted from the respawn count at reatart.
off the top of my head you could use the inventory of a base item to count the ai maybe. i use inidbi as its very easy and adds a layer of data storage that is ideal for something like this and would be useful in other simultaneous events ... but the inventory could be perverted just like some other script (cant recall which one) used the fuel column for some other information.

one of the few things i wanted to do and shouldnt be terribly difficult.

my plan was that i had a refugee,camp and would be able to recruit ai which would go,to your base and defend it. during restart they would be repsawned there. any ai killed would be subtracted from the respawn count at reatart.
off the top of my head you could use the inventory of a base item to count the ai maybe. i use inidbi as its very easy and adds a layer of data storage that is ideal for something like this and would be useful in other simultaneous events ... but the inventory could be perverted just like some other script (cant recall which one) used the fuel column for some other information.
I'm doing something kinda like that, just its done from the base rather then at a trader.

Yeah, I wouldn't use traders. I have (or had) a 'refugee camp' and there are AI wandering around there that you can recruit, and you can make them guard your base or travel with you. Base would work too.
Create a menu when you are in the base to spawn guards like the base building 1.3 did?

Yeah, I wouldn't use traders. I have (or had) a 'refugee camp' and there are AI wandering around there that you can recruit, and you can make them guard your base or travel with you. Base would work too.
Create a menu when you are in the base to spawn guards like the base building 1.3 did?
Hmmm didn't notice the base building 1.3 guards.... my google search skills must be declining over the years...

It might have some useful info on how I can get mine to work. At the moment I'm just having an issue with plot pole for lifes nested added players >.< I can't seem to get the nested arrays and merge them into one. I made a script for it and it worked then I merged it into my script for the defense and boom doesn't work now. I'm also trying to make the AI stuff and sensor server side for the AI and getting the AI to not kill the plot owners when they're on. I'll take a look later today at the base building 1.3 to see what all the guards do.

Back