Epoch w/ Custom Scripts

Bungle

Hey Guys/Gals,

I am really getting into Epoch and love that they guys have set is as open source.

Whilst trying to add some of the custom scripts I have had in Dayz Cherno I have hit some snags.
I will once again admit to not knowing much about coding but I pickup things fast.

Would anyone be willing to accept a mission to assist in adding some custom scripts?

This is the loadout of what I have running already on a Default Chernarus Server.

http://dayzmadhouse.com/images/loading.jpg (Just the loading screen to tell some of the story)

Some aren't listed but I could give my mission files to any willing to accept the challenge.

I was hoping to add some more as well like the Knockout Script (Awesome) and replacing the Cinematic Intro w/ Logo with a Halo Drop spawn or combo if possible.

I would guess that it would just be a matter of replicating the circumstances with the Epoch Mission + Local Code but Its just not working a lot of the time BE getting in the way of glory!

Anyways, Let me know if you are willing to contribute or if we could get things going in here on a Tutorial on Custom Scripting for Epoch Itself.

Cheers,

Bungle

I am still struggling with this.. if anyone can help.

I have tried running a "Commented" Version with all my added extras commented out of the mission so in essence its just the default mission but it still not working with "Wait for Host" presenting itself and not going away.

However running the actual default mission with none of the extras works fine.
I must be making some sort of error and need some good eyes to once over my code.

Please if anyone could spare some time to assist I would be eternally grateful.

So far I am trying to Add:

R3F Logistics - (Modified to Epoch Vehicle Classes and Removed most of the movable objects)
Sarge AI - (Customized to Epoch with Skins, Items and Weapons)
Refuel - (Limited to One Building Class for new Epoch Trader Villages [WIP])
Strip Clothing from Bodies (Added in the Epoch Clothing Items)
Self Blood Transfusions
Extra Buildings/Objects

Let me know and I can throw you a copy of my mission files.

Cheers,

Bungle

Cheers Absolution.

I just took the fn_selfActions.sqf from the latest client side Epoch Dayz_Code BPO.

Will have a check and see whats different.

Am I special or should this work?

Code:
//Custom Extras
if (isServer) && (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "custom\buildings.sqf";                                                    //Custom Buildings
    [] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";                                                //R3F Logistics
    [] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";                                            //Sarge AI Init
    [] execVM "custom\kh_actions.sqf";                                                    //Refuel Script
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";        //UPSMON - Required for Sarge AI
    call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";                        //SHK - Required for Sarge AI
};

The only difference I can spot is that I have removed some of the --- remarks

Thanks for at least having a look.

Am I special or should this work?

Code:
//Custom Extras
if (isServer) && (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "custom\buildings.sqf";                                                    //Custom Buildings
    [] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";                                                //R3F Logistics
    [] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";                                            //Sarge AI Init
    [] execVM "custom\kh_actions.sqf";                                                    //Refuel Script
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";        //UPSMON - Required for Sarge AI
    call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";                        //SHK - Required for Sarge AI
};

special. sarge doesnt go inside an if

Cheers Alkinda

Appreciate the feedback. Learnt a lot.

I will just go back to the drawing board adding each script as it was originally intended customizing what options are available to best suite an Epoch Server I am working on.

I have had the help of someone who knows what they are doing more so in regards to sqf coding and 10min worth of "sniffing" for beyond rookie mistakes.

I was hoping for a fix to present itself in here only some feedback from those who know what they are doing to hopefully teach me how to dig myself out of a sqf file.

Back