Error on start DayZ Epoch 1.0.4

Mr.BorisBritva

Hi!! I get error when start my dayz epoch instance 11. Error - " Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus' "
all files i have. My Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from steam. Maybev some body know this problem. Please help!

I found a solution, i posted it already on Epoch Forums, i will just paste my solution.
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6571-104-start-addon-problem/

If you're having the Requires add-on Chernarus problem, this will be a most certain cause.
Okay, So i too had this issue setting up my 3rd server, I had tried everything, from config file paths, directory installs, all of it.
The problem i had with my host is that I had only had Operation Arrowhead Installed, When DayZ requires all information from both games, Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA.
So make sure that you go into your addon folder and you can see the Arma 2 Files there, If not, you will need to load your Arma 2 contents into the Root Server folder.

Hope this helps.

I found a solution, i posted it already on Epoch Forums, i will just paste my solution.
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6571-104-start-addon-problem/

If you're having the Requires add-on Chernarus problem, this will be a most certain cause.
Okay, So i too had this issue setting up my 3rd server, I had tried everything, from config file paths, directory installs, all of it.
The problem i had with my host is that I had only had Operation Arrowhead Installed, When DayZ requires all information from both games, Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA.
So make sure that you go into your addon folder and you can see the Arma 2 Files there, If not, you will need to load your Arma 2 contents into the Root Server folder.

Hope this helps.

I'm sorry, I'm new to this. What do you mean "So make sure that you go into your addon folder and you can see the Arma 2 Files there, If not, you will need to load your Arma 2 contents into the Root Server folder." I hate asking for you to make it more simple, but can you step by step guide me through it. I used to you Dayz Commander, but after getting back on after a few months is doesn't work.

Also this is for Epoch 1.0.5.1

Last edited:
Back