fn_selfActions.sqf Help in Vilayer

Bjornsin

Just trying to find the mentioned file,fn_selfActions.sqf so that I can add these
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-zabns-take-clothes-1-0.13199/
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-epoch-trader-menu-dialogs.13041/

to my server. This is my first server and my hosting company is Vilayer, whom I seem to have pretty good luck with as I usually never have to worry about unpacking my PBO to find files, rather they have setup their folders to keep these files always separate and after a server restart they are packed up again. Anyone know where I would find the self actions? Thanks again!

That is a good question. I have been trying to find it as well and I am on Vilayer. I am not 100% sure but I think it should be on the server side in the compiles folder and if you don't have one you will have to create it. If I find anymore info on this I will get back to you.

Okay, FN_selfactions.sqf is actually a Dayz_Code.pbo File
you can find dayz_code.pbo in @Dayz_Overwatch

Download the dayz_code.pbo using this
Download.png

Download PBO Manager from ArmaHolic

Then you can open the pbo correctly..

Open your dayz_code.pbo -> Compile -> fn_selfactions.sqf

right click on it, hit copy, place it in a folder that's easy for you to find on your pc (ex desktop)
Upload it to your missions folder ( For Vilayer is Vilayercustomcode->Missions->Overpoch.Chernarus
(I would recommend making a Custom folder for scripting, but its not necessary)

Once your in your missions folder you can then upload the file, and edit it to how you see, just make sure you redirect the file for it properly.

To redirect it
Find this line of code in your INIT.sqf in your missions folder
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compiles\fn_selfActions.sqf";

Remove and change it to
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_selfActions.sqf";

If you made your own custom folder for scripts, then remove and change it to this instead
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CUSTOMFOLDERNAMEHERE\fn_selfActions.sqf";

Don't forget to change CUSTOMFOLDERNAMEHERE to whatever your folders name actually is.

After you have done all of this, you can then customize the file to however you like from the missions folder, the one in the dayz_code.pbo will become obsolete and can be used as a backup. Just change the file accordingly with whatever you need to.

There are many files in the dayz_code.pbo that you will need to take and redirect, all you gotta do is look :)
( So please, dont bother trying to change your server.pbo because IT WONT DO ANYTHING. unless you place it in the repack. )
These dayz_server.pbos are already broken down by something like pbo manager for you, compare dayz_server.pbo to the files in each folder in vilayercustomcode and you will notice the simularities.

The missions folder, obviously gets repacked to the missions
Dayz_chernarus -> Gets repacked, I am not sure where to though yet, still working on it.
dayZ_epoch -> Gets repacked to the dayz_server.pbo in @DayZEpochServer->Addons
Dayz_Overwatch -> Gets repacked to the dayz_server.pbo in @DayZOverpochServer-> Addons

Last edited:
Back