Fog 1.8.1

Tang0

Since the fog was increased in dayz 1.8.1 update its like pea soup sometimes on my server, does anyone no how to tone it down OR get rid of it altogether?

In my init.sqf I have these lines which should help you out.

0 setFog 0; // removes fog <---
//setviewDistance 1100; // sets viewdistance (default is around 1000m and slight fog around the parameter)
//0 setRain 0; // disables rain
//0 setOvercast 0; // disables overcast skies

Code:
//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
stream_locationCheck = {
//Thank you very f- much, KK!
};
"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";
// weather changes
0 setFog 0;
//setviewDistance 1100;
//0 setRain 0;
//0 setOvercast 0;
//-----

This should force the fog to 0 but there is always that little bit of fog at the edge of the viewdistance. You could also clientside the weather system and decrease it in there. It has more versatility modifying the weather script but I've just taken weather completely out and added it so its always clear.

Back