Glitches/Bugs all in one thread

purplish

Valued Member!
Staff member
1. I spawned in as a bird, help!

A: I do not have complete control over the server owners and therefore if they choose to ignore my updates on github the server you are joining is out of date (also update your latest beta patch.) To join the most updated servers check out my server, has my name in it.

2. My legs randomly broke and I am still walking fine, help!

A: Working on fixing this, might be included in tomorrows hotfix but this will cause many problems like not being able to eat/drink, and zombies will not aggro. The server will need a restart because of this.

3. I cannot eat or drink and broken leg appears on my screen!

A: Look at answer #2

4. I have bad FPS

A: We are working on optimizing it, we never did a large scale test and did not see the bugs.

5. I changed clothes and now I am in debug!

A: Being fixed in tomorrows hotfix

6. I change clothes and now i spawned in the water!

A: Refer to #5

7. It takes forever to receive data!

A: We believe this is caused by the amount of buildings, we will reduce the amount of skyscrapers and put in valuable buildings, this might increase performance and loading time

8. Help I can't customize my weapon!

A:The weapon must have a W in front of the name and you must find attachments

*Please note, everyone, this mod is in alpha and I am working every day on it, improving it optimizing it and such I do care very much about it, I have spent a very long time on it and want to make it the best I can.

Not really sure if this is where you want this posted. The latest server & mission files uploaded to github are causing the characters to get very slight pauses as they run. It disappears when i go back to my original ones.

Not really sure if this is where you want this posted. The latest server & mission files uploaded to github are causing the characters to get very slight pauses as they run. It disappears when i go back to my original ones.

Can you send me the old ones?

I'm getting kicked for "setdamage restriction 2" immediately every time I try to join the "dayz civilian grand" server.

the same thing that limpdisc said i think could be causing my little problems with the slight hitching on my server some players are experiencing it some are not. Other than that loading in is very very fast with no server lag at all. there are no errors and every player that is on my server is getting anywhere from 60-90 fps. just that slight pausing. 74.91.113.56:2302 is the ip if you want to check it out

There is a UH60M spawning from nowhere in Elektra nearby a fuel station. Since it is banned ppl get blown up when entering it.

Code:
15:33:16 Error in expression < addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];
};
};
_countr = _count>
15:33:16  Error position: <select _countr)];
};
};
_countr = _count>
15:33:16  Error Zero divisor
15:33:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 130

Fixed:

Code:
15:33:25 Error in expression <ated) then {
["dayzSetDate",_date] call broadcastRpcCallAll;
};

diag_log ("HIVE>
15:33:25  Error position: <broadcastRpcCallAll;
};

diag_log ("HIVE>
15:33:25  Error Undefined variable in expression: broadcastrpccallall
15:33:25 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 180

replacing line 180 with

Code:
setDate _date;
dayzSetDate = _date;
publicVariable "dayzSetDate";

Server time is now synced correctly to the client

on my server everything is working fine but at heli crash sites there is no loot at all but in buildings loot is spawning fine.

also no errors in rpt

on my server everything is working fine but at heli crash sites there is no loot at all but in buildings loot is spawning fine.

also no errors in rpt
If you look in the logs the crashspawner is logging if there is loot or not (75% chance)

If you look in the logs the crashspawner is logging if there is loot or not (75% chance)

i always change my percent

Code:
 5:59:56 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'Crashed UH-1Y' with loot table 'HeliCrash'"
 5:59:56 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'Crashed UH-1Y' with loot table 'HeliCrash'"
 5:59:56 "CRASHSPAWNER: 95% chance to spawn 'UH-60 Wreck' with loot table 'HeliCrash' at 1650.25"

it happens randomnly that all payers get a broken leg and after this happened the whole server stalls, eg does not write to sql etc. Anyone knows why ?

what is this
Code:
class Item8
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={4662.125,341.53476,9591.9551};
                    id=897;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="{_x setDamage 1} forEach nearestObjects [getPos this,[""Land_Mil_Barracks_i""],300]";
                };
            };

there is like 3 of them in the mission.sqm where it setdamage and kills the player where is this and why is it killing for it.

Also when i go to Klen south of NEAF there is a big base there and when i get inside the gunner in the Crashed UH-1Y it kills me also why is it doing that

what is this
Code:
class Item8
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={4662.125,341.53476,9591.9551};
                    id=897;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="{_x setDamage 1} forEach nearestObjects [getPos this,[""Land_Mil_Barracks_i""],300]";
                };
            };

there is like 3 of them in the mission.sqm where it setdamage and kills the player where is this and why is it killing for it.

Also when i go to Klen south of NEAF there is a big base there and when i get inside the gunner in the Crashed UH-1Y it kills me also why is it doing that

The barracks are destroyed upon spawn, they definately did not change player routes becase server owners ended up adding more barracks. Bascailly it destroys the building and when a building is destroyed it has a blast radius and if the player is in it he is dead. I will fix it in the next update.

Thanks you two for keeping me updated on bugs and errors I really appreciate it :)

players in my server keep telling me there is base building but i have yet to see how it works i have an toolbox, entrenching tool i have no scrollmenu saying anything about it.

when i used base building in my other chernarus server it was from here
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/

and in the video it shows an gui menu of the things you can build is that what you have or has it not been installed in the mod yet

m107 bug its the one you can modify havent found an normal m107 yet

1.) when you pick it up it removes your backpack

2.) when you right click with the m107 it will show you where players/zombies are

2vv6qyo.jpg

m107 bug its the one you can modify havent found an normal m107 yet

1.) when you pick it up it removes your backpack

2.) when you right click with the m107 it will show you where players/zombies are

2vv6qyo.jpg

That is a 1.7.6 bug, going to be fixed next update
As for the backup, will be fixed next update

players in my server keep telling me there is base building but i have yet to see how it works i have an toolbox, entrenching tool i have no scrollmenu saying anything about it.

when i used base building in my other chernarus server it was from here
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/

and in the video it shows an gui menu of the things you can build is that what you have or has it not been installed in the mod yet

No that was the 3d editor, not base building. Are players actually base building? I was planning on using daiymos base building, havn't gotten around to it yet

i guess they just misread when they saw base building. but if would be cool to have daiymos base building pre installed on it

i guess they just misread when they saw base building. but if would be cool to have daiymos base building pre installed on it

That is what I am aiming for but I need to fix bugs before I push out huge new features other than the xp one :p

Back