Heli crash verification

Tinman

I have been searching for helicopter crashes by flying all over the map for a few days after players said they haven't seen any.

Is there a way to verify crashes are spawning? With them being random now, is a flyby putting me too far away to spawn them?

Thanks

look for the word crashspawner in the RPT file. If that is there, the module is loaded. Check the RPT file once in a while and if a heli spawn the coords will be on there.

I checked, the module is loading. logged in at night and flew around like mad. I finally found one, although it seemed to only light up when I was fairly close to it.

Thanks!

How I can increase helicrash amount/chance? I find this code:
Code:
    // Allows the variance to act as +/- from the spawn frequency timer
    _timeAdjust = round(random(_variance * 2) - _variance);
    _timeToSpawn = time + _frequency + _timeAdjust;

//Adding some Random systems
    _crashModel = ["UH60Wreck_DZ","UH1Wreck_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
But can't understand, how I can change this amazing random)) my server restart every 4 hours, and heli can't spawn :)
ps> anybody have manuals for dayz coding? ))

In dayz_server/system/server_monitor.sqf
At the bottom
Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (50 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

Change the (50 * 60) to (5 * 60)

So you have
Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (5 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

Back