[help] AI troops keep multiplying each restart!

3djoker

Ok so I have custom AI troops that patrol around various areas on my map. One spot is NWAF which I have 2 teams of 5 men each that patrol it. Here is my problem.

If the AI troops are not killed, when the server restarts, it respawns a new set of 10 troops there. So now when the server resets again it does it again. In the case of my server right now I have 30 men patroling the NWAF and this numbe just keeps getting bigger each restart unless I kill them.

How can I limit this from happening? I.e. if those 10 were not killed before restart, only those 10 will spawn again. If the did get killed, then a new 10 would spawn.

^ me too manatee im stuck even getting them on my server its annoying the crap outta me, no guides anywhere!

ok it is the same thing as adding buildings. And no I am not running rMod. Basically just put a playable unit it that is on the west side.

Then start adding in units for the east side where you want them. Create waypoints for them or use DAC etc. Save the file, convert it from 3d to 2d, insert the mission file into your server pbo and your done.

It really is very easy, just look for tutorials on how to add buildings but just add opfor units instead of buildings.

seriously it is. instead of adding buildings though, just insert "units" of opfor. set them to not be friendly with any others. If you want them to roam, set waypoints for them. You can also use UPS-A2 or DAC to set up patrol areas that they will roam randomly.

oh and on a side note. make sure you are loading dayz up and then going into the editor so that you are not adding banned units from straight AO2. If you still cannot figure it out, I will post my pbo file that has mine added in it as well as all my custom camps and junk.

What's UPS-A2 and DAC?

So far I've done that - I've gone into the editor w/ DayZ loaded up first. I've throw on AI oppfor and blufor, seen how they interact (when I make them hate each other)... Toyed with waypoints a bit to see how that works.

Is there a way to get them to interact differently based on running into bandit/survivor/hero etc? I assume not since all these are just blufor variations right?

I'd like to have a few Opfor "bandit camps" that people can go and run over for loot.... + a few roaming bandit squads.

How is their interaction with vehicles or zombies?

they do not interact with zombies, and zombies do not interact with them. I also have a couple camps set up that they protect as well as roamers. They will shoot at vehicles and players with no problems at all.

only problem I am having is if they dont die before reset, the next reset they stay but also a new set get spawned in as well. so basically they keep doubling. I kept wondering why everyone was saying the group i had at NWAF was to OP. I went up to check it out and low and behold I had over 30 npcs walking around that place. when I only had it set to be 7.

That's hilarious. But also terrifying. Might not be a terrible mechanic if its only a few each restart and it builds up over time if people don't kill them.

I'd love to be able to add a few AI to my Taviana server to basically guard the sniper hills from campers or at least give them something to think about if they want to sit on a hill all day.:D

I've played around a bit in the 3d editor and got some soldiers running around shooting at me as if i was a player in game but now i get a bit confused:confused:

To transfer these AI over to the server i am presuming i need to add some lines from the mission.sqf file i saved in 3d editor into the mission.sqm file that is in my mission.pbo? I have added buildings to my map before but i have only done it via the Bliss deployable/instance_deployable tables I am presuming this is a bit more complex than that?

Any help would be much appreciated:)

I had a similiar problem, but with buildings, they would dupe, and how did this happen? Well, the first thing you need to make sure is that you are NOT merging your servers current sqm with the sqm that has the AI's, why? Because the servers mission.sqm already has those AI's enabled/installed on it, so when you merge that new sqm with it, your adding them AGAIN, so what i do to fix this is, everytime you update the .sqm, merge it with a FRESH sqm from the server, which is generally around 41-45kb in size. Then upload it to your server, it prevents any bugs-glitches happening and doesnt dupe! If my tutorial or description is a little confusing, just reply with any question you have, ill try to respond as fast as possible!

Have you managed to get the AI to distinguish bandits/survivors/heroes?

If you could post a sample of it that would make it much easier to understand.

ALSO - What about patrol AI (Something like an invincible heli that flies between locations announcing it in side)

If anyone has functional AI on their map - can you post a quick guide on what your mission.sqm looks like (Don't know how to piece it together with what is already currently in there)

give me a minute and I'll post my pbo for you guys to rip apart. It has working patrols of AI.

------------------------
edit
------------------------
ok here is My mission.pbo. You need to leave the ups.sqf in there or some of the patrols will not function. (UPS is sorta like DAC, but more user friendly, it just generate random patrol route for the AI) not all of them use the UPS as you will see the southern road patrols are one a waypoint system.

Also I added these AI via the editor not in the multiplayer mission part. I will dig up the beidi file and post that as well so you guys acan open it in the editor and see just how I did it there as well.

This .pbo is for a stock (non rmod) server and should work if you want to use it for now on your own server. It also has various custom camps installed as well.

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    336.9 KB · Views: 54
Here is the mission editor files so you can have a better look at what I did. Just create a folder in your "missions" folder (not MPmissions) and name it like "aitest.Chernarus" or something like that (has to be "name" dot (capital C)hernarus and then drop all these into that folder. after that it should load up once inside the mission editor.

Attachments

• AIPatrol.Chernarus.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 35
Here is the mission editor files so you can have a better look at what I did. Just create a folder in your "missions" folder (not MPmissions) and name it like "aitest.Chernarus" or something like that (has to be "name" dot (capital C)hernarus and then drop all these into that folder. after that it should load up once inside the mission editor.
Thanks buddy +10

NP at all. I just hope someone is able to figure out how to get helis to stay that you place in via the mission editor. If I can find a fix for this, I can explain how to make the heli patrols. I'm not even going into that until I find a fix for it though, because that is a little bit more involved because you have to link the AI to the helis and whatnot. So if one of you guys knows of a fix that will keep the birds from exploding once you fire up your server the playing field opens for so much more, heli patrols, transport via helis, transport via vehicles (i.e. a bus route to pick up players) etc.....

This is just the one thing holding me back from creating some cool shit. I tried rmod but it still blows up my shit when I start my server.

Back