Help! DayZ Server installation! Gonna Pay!

i've gotten past my earlier errors - some corruption and had to reinstall all arma2,etc - done and working vanilla.

Strange thing is when I try and overlay namalsk onto vanilla, I now only ever get vanilla where before when it wasn't exactly working I would at least see the namalsk load screen and background. Sigh.

Anyway, the confusing part for me has always been - there is a namalsk map (@Namalsk?) and namalsk crisis missions (@NC?) - which I think include the map. So I could probably use either one, but the in case of NC I don't need the full mission files. the stuff from nightstalker doesn't include any keys either and those directions give no clue as to overlaying it on vanilla.

I need to make sure I have the same set of code on client and server and when you download via dayzlauncher and/or nightstalkers for the client, you get the @Namalsk archive, not the @NC .... Hmm

ok, the nightstalkers code does not have any keys for sure. Looks like the @Namalsk archive and the @nc archive are basically the same, but you also need to overlay the ns_dayz.pbo with the others. All is good. I did that, made the changes to description.ext AND mission.sqm. No RPT errors, but no namalsk at all - I got right into vanilla. So, what triggers that map to load? What trigger ANY map to load? I've never figured that out

I was looking the mission.SQM of the missions from @NC/armaholic. Other changes in those sections? I need a break. lol.

not sure what we've done differently, but I can't get the namalsk map , load screen, nor background to show like before... I've asked around and it seems like maybe the worldName is tied to mission.sqm, but I don't even have anything that says chernarus in it and I still get that map.

ARGH!

Also, take a look at the init.sqf that comes from the mission with the nighstalkers download. I have a feeling that there will be some additional things needed to kick off namaslk.

Last edited:
SON OF A B***H!
I finally figured it out!
\arma2oa\MPMissions\dayz_1337.Namalsk

The ".Namalsk" is used for the map name. I had Chernarus all this time since I thought it was just a directory name.

ok, now I know there are a few things to change, including spawn locations and a few other things in the server and client code that depend on coords. HOPEFULLY, any client side code problems can be patched in the mission.

SON OF A B***H!
I finally figured it out!
\arma2oa\MPMissions\dayz_1337.Namalsk

The ".Namalsk" is used for the map name. I had Chernarus all this time since I thought it was just a directory name.

ok, now I know there are a few things to change, including spawn locations and a few other things in the server and client code that depend on coords. HOPEFULLY, any client side code problems can be patched in the mission.

Ye just figured out that there is a page 2. thought u didnt respond yet. ... Well great work. I believe u Need to change it both, mp missions and Server.pbo but not sure how that will work though. Everytime i changed something it loaded to 119 seconds and kicked me back to Lobby.

The only Thing ive added so far was custom Buildings around the map.
Ive made a new Folder called Buildings in dayz_server.pbo. There is a main.sqf with spawnlocations of the Buildings inside of the Buildings folder. Ive added this line to the bottom of the Server_functions.sqf in the init Folder.

Code:
 call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\main.sqf";

After getting it running, it seems very sparse. I'm not impressed. I'm temped to find another map.
I've seen zombies and I've seen loot, but it only seems to be in buildings that are common to dayz.

The next set of change I made came from the a download on nightstalkers in dayz_namalsk\srvthings.z
dayz_namalsk_srv_exmission\dayz1_namalsk\init.sqf - based on dayz1.7.x so I took out what looked like code special to Namalsk, but I must have missed something else; I could take the vanilla dayz 1.7.x and diff to see what was extra.
Code:
dzn_ns_bloodsucker = true;        // Make this false for disabling bloodsucker spawn
dzn_ns_bloodsucker_den = 70;    // Spawn chance of bloodsuckers, max 400, ignore if dzn_ns_bloodsucker set to false
ns_blowout = false;            // Make this false for disabling random EVR discharges (blowout module)
ns_blowout_dayz = true;        // Leave this always true or it will create a very huuuge mess
ns_blow_delaymod = 1;        // Multiplier of times between each EVR dischargers, 1x value default (normal pre-0.74 times)
dayzNam_buildingLoot = "CfgBuildingLootNamalsk";    // can be CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 (function of this pretty obvious), CfgBuildingLootNamalskNO50s (CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 + no 50 cals), CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOSniper (CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 + no sniper rifles), default is CfgBuildingLootNamalsk

Next thing to look at is server_monitor.sqf - refer to this - https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/733 and here's the mission.sqm - I tweaked it a bit/ Any issues with these 3 things and you can just comment them out.

Also, the divide by zero errors you brought up a while ago are in this call - call server_plantSpawner; in server_monitor.sqf. For now, I just commented it out.

For me it waits for a minute after "spawning items" which seems to be the dayz code that reads the Db, but my db is empty. I haven't figured this out yet.

Finally, the best reference I could find was epoch, since they produce a version for many maps.Download the archive from here , then goto "clone or download". Within the source files look for "worldName" and you'll see some further tweaks that I haven't worked through yet.

Next thing to look at is server_monitor.sqf - refer to this - https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/733 and here's the mission.sqm - I tweaked it a bit/ Any issues with these 3 things and you can just comment them out.
On line 185 Mission.sqm:
Code:
[*]class Markers
[*]    {
[*]        items=8;
[*]        class Item0
[*]        {
[*]//          position[]={7839,0,8414};   //cherno
[*]            position[]={5893,50,8665};  // namalsk -from epoch
[*]            name="center";
[*]            type="Empty";
[*]        };
[*]        class Item1
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={-18700,0,25800};
[*]            name="respawn_west";
[*]        };
[*]        class Item2
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={4932,0,1989};
[*]            name="spawn0"; //spawn_balota
[*]        };
[*]        class Item3
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={2236,0,1923};
[*]            name="spawn1"; //spawn_kamenka
[*]        };
[*]        class Item4
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={6901,0,2509}; //8738,0,2122
[*]            name="spawn2"; //spawn_cherno
[*]        };
[*]        class Item5
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={10294,0,2191}; // OLD 10909,0,2422
[*]            name="spawn3"; //spawn_elektro
[*]        };
[*]        class Item6
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={13510,0,5249};
[*]            name="spawn4"; //spawn_sol
[*]        };
[*]        class Item7
[*]        {
[*]            position[]={12048,0,8352};
[*]            name="spawn5"; //spawn_berezino
[*]        };
[*]    };
[*]};

Possible way to Change spawn Locations?

Code:
dzn_ns_bloodsucker = true;  // Make this false for disabling bloodsucker spawn
dzn_ns_bloodsucker_den = 70;  // Spawn chance of bloodsuckers, max 400, ignore if dzn_ns_bloodsucker set to false
ns_blowout = false;  // Make this false for disabling random EVR discharges (blowout module)
ns_blowout_dayz = true;  // Leave this always true or it will create a very huuuge mess
ns_blow_delaymod = 1;  // Multiplier of times between each EVR dischargers, 1x value default (normal pre-0.74 times)
dayzNam_buildingLoot = "CfgBuildingLootNamalsk";  // can be CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 (function of this pretty obvious), CfgBuildingLootNamalskNO50s (CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7

ye ive implemented those too in the init.sqf without the namalsk loot.

Code:
dayzNam_buildingLoot = "CfgBuildingLootNamalsk";  // can be CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 (function of this pretty obvious), CfgBuildingLootNamalskNO50s (CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7

DO i have to Change/edit something in the Server_monitor.sqf

Code:
#define SEARCH_CENTER getMarkerPos "center"
#define SEARCH_RADIUS 7500

server_spawnCrashSites
#define SEARCH_CENTER [7049,9241]
#define SEARCH_RADIUS 4880

server_spawnCarePackages
#define SEARCH_CENTER [7542,7134]
#define SEARCH_RADIUS 6150

and they seem to be pointed out in the Server_monitor.sqf

Code:
//Points of interest
//[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnInfectedCamps.sqf";
//[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCarePackages.sqf";
//[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSites.sqf";

Still takes a minute+ after it gets to "Spawning Items". I think its in the code that streams in objects from the Db, but its strange since I don't have any objects in the Db. Still looking.

for server_monitor.sqf you can change all 3 to:
#define SEARCH_CENTER [5893,8665]
or
#define SEARCH_CENTER getMarkerPos "center"
which should work but I haven't tested yet.

Spawns can be changed by tweaking - spawn0 to spawn5 in mission.sqm
The spawn screen will still look like chernarus of course, but I know there is a spawn script out there written by ebay I think.

I might take a look at ns_dayz.pbo to see if its doing anything that conflicts.

Why are you using 1.8.5?

hmm, I think the delay is in the plantSpawner code, but its on the client AND server and I'm struggling to get rid of it.

The loot and zombies are tied to these lines in init.sqf
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
The problem is that they are duplicates of the entire dayz version of these. There are fixes to a bunch of random stuff, but then I see:
Code:
    building_spawnLoot =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
    building_spawnZombies =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf";

so I'm thinking just like when you edit standard dayzmod, need to make those mission files, edit them down to only what is needed. I think a bunch of those changes _might_ be fixups for old bugs, not sure.

hmm, I think the delay is in the plantSpawner code, but its on the client AND server and I'm struggling to get rid of it.

The loot and zombies are tied to these lines in init.sqf
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
The problem is that they are duplicates of the entire dayz version of these. There are fixes to a bunch of random stuff, but then I see:
Code:
    building_spawnLoot =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
    building_spawnZombies =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\nst\ns_dayz\code\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf";

so I'm thinking just like when you edit standard dayzmod, need to make those mission files, edit them down to only what is needed. I think a bunch of those changes _might_ be fixups for old bugs, not sure.

Do you know where to Change the amount of mags in spawn_loot.sqf ? or somewhere else. I dont like it to have like Zero or 1 Mag with the guns. I would like to have like around 3 mags for each gun

Do you know where to Change the amount of mags in spawn_loot.sqf ? or somewhere else. I dont like it to have like Zero or 1 Mag with the guns. I would like to have like around 3 mags for each gun
Got it on spawn_loot.sqf

Code:
case "cfglootweapon":
{
_itemTypes = [];
if (DZE_MissionLootTable) then{
{
_itemTypes set[count _itemTypes, _x select 0]
} count getArray(missionConfigFile >> "cfgLoot" >> _iItem);
}
else {
{
_itemTypes set[count _itemTypes, _x select 0]
} count getArray(missionConfigFile >> "cfgLoot" >> _iItem);
};
_index = dayz_CLBase find _iItem;
_weights = dayz_CLChances select _index;
_cntWeights = count _weights;

_index = floor(random _cntWeights);
_index = _weights select _index;
_iItem = _itemTypes select _index;
if (_iItem == "Chainsaw") then {
_iItem = ["ChainSaw","ChainSawB","ChainSawG","ChainSawP","ChainSawR"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
};
//Item is a weapon, add it && a random quantity of magazines
_item = createVehicle ["WeaponHolder", _iPos, [], _radius, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_item addWeaponCargoGlobal [_iItem,1];
_mags = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _iItem >> "magazines");
if ((count _mags) > 0) then
{
if (_mags select 0 == "Quiver") then { _mags set [0, "WoodenArrow"] }; // Prevent spawning a Quiver
if (_mags select 0 == "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag") then { _mags set [0, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"] };
if (_mags select 0 == "30Rnd_556x45_G36") then { _mags set [0, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"] };
if (_mags select 0 == "30Rnd_556x45_G36SD") then { _mags set [0, "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"] };
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_mags select 0), (round(random 2) + 1)];
};

};

just added this line:

Code:
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_mags select 0), (round(random 2) + 1)];

instead of

Code:
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_mags select 0), (round(random 2))];

I've been working on rewriting the vehicle spawns SQL files. Also, one of the guys who works on dayzmod and epoch just updated dayzmod to address most of the basic issues for running other maps. This will be in 1.8.8, coming soon so the vanilla side will get better.

I also took the spawn locations from the epoch mission files, but that doesn't change the spawn screen. Might have to get the ESS Spawn or whatever addon script.

I've been working on rewriting the vehicle spawns SQL files. Also, one of the guys who works on dayzmod and epoch just updated dayzmod to address most of the basic issues for running other maps. This will be in 1.8.8, coming soon so the vanilla side will get better.

I also took the spawn locations from the epoch mission files, but that doesn't change the spawn screen. Might have to get the ESS Spawn or whatever addon script.

Yo maybe u know Epoch a bit better than me so I have a questions for you.

Could u help me with this:

https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/42682-not-working-epoch-namalsk-pitch-tent-fireplace/

I cant place tents or fireplaces. It wont let me even if it says i Need to press space. just the cmd menu Shows up.

Back