[Help/Discussion] MF-Tow (a towing script for DayZ Epoch mod)

How will this be different to R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG towing?

The development of this script came about because some people who run DayZ Epoch servers wanted to use the '=BTC= Logistics (Epoch Version)' which provides a rich UI lift hud and works with the locked vehicles in DayZ Epoch. However, there were some compatibility issues when using that script along side the 'R3F_Arty_and_Log' towing functionality.

This script provides an alternative solution to fill that niche, and is also a little lighter for those who just want to add towing.

I wish I could make this work, but it doesn't work at all. Two prior versions of R3F both work for me, but this doesn't. There's no scroll option for any type of towing/anything for any vehicles.

I followed the install instructions precisely, I've got no idea what I could have done wrong.

Interestingly, I'm getting the same problem as Chris. No scroll option for any vehicle. BTC and all other scripts work perfect. Been troubleshooting this for 2 days and nothing is coming up.

I wish I could make this work, but it doesn't work at all. Two prior versions of R3F both work for me, but this doesn't. There's no scroll option for any type of towing/anything for any vehicles.

I followed the install instructions precisely, I've got no idea what I could have done wrong.
Interestingly, I'm getting the same problem as Chris. No scroll option for any vehicle. BTC and all other scripts work perfect. Been troubleshooting this for 2 days and nothing is coming up.

Please post your mf-tow/init.sqf and other edited files as per the install guide to something like pastebin.com and submit the links here. I can't help you debug the problem without seeing the code. I have a hunch that you probably have a syntax error.

Hi,

i have the '=BTC=_Logistic (DayZ Epoch Version)' Script too,are this parts of my files correct ?

server_publishVehicle2.sqf:

Code:
if(!_donotusekey) then {
// Lock vehicle
_object setvehiclelock "locked";
   _object setVariable ["BTC_Cannot_Lift",true,true];
_vehicle setVariable ["MF_Tow_Cannot_Tow",true,true];
};

local_lockUnlock.sqf:

Code:
private ["_vehicle","_status"];
_vehicle = _this select 0;
_status = _this select 1;
if (local _vehicle) then {
if(_status) then {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
_vehicle setVariable ["BTC_Cannot_Lift",true,true];
} else {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";
_vehicle setVariable ["BTC_Cannot_Lift",false,true];
_vehicle setVariable ["MF_Tow_Cannot_Tow",false,true];
};
};

server_monitor.sqf:

Code:
 if(_ownerID != "0" and !(_object isKindOf "Bicycle")) then {
_object setvehiclelock "locked";
_object setVariable ["BTC_Cannot_Lift",true,true];
};

This two scripts works fine and I can not lift vehicles that are locked, but I can still tow locked vehicle.

Here are my init file :

http://pastebin.com/1H2pBzac

...my custom compile :

http://pastebin.com/mZSWthpP

....my fn_selfActions.sqf :

http://pastebin.com/UK5muHmT

I hope someone can help me !

how about posting your RPT logs into pastebin and giving a link.
Your compiles.sqf file location has to be edited in the init.sqf ... you have done that, correct?

does this only work if you completely replace
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
because im already using a custom compiles directly under it
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";
and i just changed it so that it look like this, where line 7 and 8 are for mf-tow
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
   player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
   snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
   player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_switchModel.sqf";
   dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
   player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
   fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";
   local_lockUnlock = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\local_lockUnlock.sqf";
};
but im not seeing a tow option in the menu so i assume its not working. i have a toolbox BTW

Back