Help increasing server view distance?

Tulser

Is there a way to edit the server's view distance to increase it more? There isn't much use for players to use binoculars on my server because they can pretty much see until the view starts to get "foggy". It seems the view distance on my server is about 500 meters, it's quite annoying.

Edit: It's much higher view distance now without any change, i think it was just the weather.

Is there a way to edit the server's view distance to increase it more? There isn't much use for players to use binoculars on my server because they can pretty much see until the view starts to get "foggy". It seems the view distance on my server is about 500 meters, it's quite annoying.

Edit: It's much higher view distance now without any change, i think it was just the weather.
In the mission pbo's init.sqf you could add a line to set the view distance.
Code:
setViewDistance 3000;
Perfectly clear weather you can see 3000m, rain and fog are preset to take a percent off of the maximum view distance.

It works if you change the script kick for it. It makes it so all players on loading in are forced to whatever number you set the view distance to. Then if you wanted to you could customize the weather to never effect it as well.

Code:
/*
    INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = #;                    // The instance
//dayZ_serverName = "";            // server name (country code + server number)
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//3km max view distance
setViewDistance 3000;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;

Back