[Help] - Preconfigured R3F Logistics (Towing and Heli-Lift) ABANDONED

Instructions are as follows -
DO NOT attempt to install this onto your server unless you are continuing from where I left off.
Message for the nublets "enjoy my unusable code".

Retra,

I have to say that I am disappointed you are not finishing what you started. I think we had counted on your expertise in this situation and now this may just become a pile of junk because there will be too many cooks in the kitchen, as they say.

Anyway, thanks for what you did, but it is a real disappointment.

I'm still working on it but I have been taking the correct path ways and ion the process of being issued a new key from Bohemia.

Yeah. I knew this would be indefinitely postponed when that first Sunday deadline slipped past without a word. Sorry you got your key stolen, hope you get it sorted out though!

This method solve problem with lift/tow locked vehicles:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2112-tutorial-disabling-r3f-towlift-for-locked-vehicles/

But i can't solve my problem with Warning message, that describes in first messages of this tread.
Can you help me with this direction?
May be you can tell me how to disable this string of menu?

Warning Message: Resource not found R3F_LOG_dlg_contenu_vehicule
when I select view vehicle content

Working on that, if I find anything I'll post it. Also....

Path: addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\remorqueur
File: remorquer_selection.sqf

Line 63, changing "+ 3" to either "+ 1" or "+ 0" should provide a buffer between say a Ural and the vehicle towing it. Also tested with a Ural towing a SUV, worked just fine. No more vehicles getting damaged when using the untow option.

Warning Message: Resource not found R3F_LOG_dlg_contenu_vehicule
when I select view vehicle content

any ideas?

Ok, here we goooooooooooo

Path: \addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG
File: en_strings_lang.sqf

Line 49 and 57, use "//" to comment them both out. No more menu option to view vehicle contents. Worked for me :)

***Update, doing above only removes the text, the option/function is still there. So to completely get rid of the menu action see below.

Path: addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur
File: transporteur_init.sqf

Line 19, 21, 23 - Just comment those out. This will take care of the add-action for viewing/removing contents, as well as the load object actions when in a heli. I'm sure there's a few other that can be commented out but this takes care of the really annoying ones.

Credit goes to MRTesla found this on dayzepoch.com

This will disable the functions of the R3F Artillery & Logistics addon (tow, lift, load in, and move) for vehicles that are locked.

Requirements:
-Something to unpack pbo files, such as PBO Manager.
-Text editor (Notepad++ recommended)

1. Unpack these files:
-dayz_code.pbo from your @DayZ_Epoch folder in your Arma 2 OA directory
-mission pbo
-server pbo (dayz_server.pbo)

2. In the dayz_code folder, copy the "local_lockunlock.sqf" from the "compile" folder and the "compiles.sqf" from the "init" folder and place them into your mission file. For this tutorial, they'll be placed in a folder call "Custom".

3. In the "local_lockunlock.sqf", change this:
if (local _vehicle) then {
if(_status) then {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
} else {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";
};
};
to this:
if (local _vehicle) then {
if(_status) then {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
_vehicle setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true,true];
} else {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";
_vehicle setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",false,true];
};
};
4. In "compiles.sqf", change the file path in this line to point to your edited "local_lockunlock.sqf":
local_lockUnlock =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lockUnlock.sqf";//When vehicle is local to unit perform locking vehicle
So for this tutorial, it would be changed to this:
local_lockUnlock =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\local_lockUnlock.sqf";//When vehicle is local to unit perform locking vehicle
5. In the "init.sqf" in your mission file, change the file path in this line to point to your edited "compiles.sqf":
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
For this tutorial, it would be changed to this:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
6. Repack the mission file and upload it to the server.

7. In the server file, open "server_publishVehicle2.sqf" in the "compile" folder and "server_monitor.sqf" in the "system" folder.

8. In "server_publishVehicle2.sqf", after this line:
_object setvehiclelock "locked";
add this line:
_object setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true,true];
9. Do the same thing in the "server_monitor.sqf" in this section:
if(_ownerID != "0") then {
_object setvehiclelock "locked";
};
10. Repack the server pbo and upload it to the server.

Heh heh i need live help trying to fix a script restriction if no one minds to help add my skype kyle.treubig

Does anyone know why the MTVR is not able to tow in this script? I thought it would be a simple case of adding the MTVR to the list of vehicles able to tow but I just got an error in the RPT when the server started and the towing was disabled entirely.

I don't have the error at the moment as I removed it from the code to get the rest of the script working but I was hoping someone else may have solved the same problem

Edit: Just realised I (as an admin whitelisted in our antihack script) am able to use the MTVR to tow, but the normal players aren't. So maybe it's something to do with that although I have no idea what as they are able to use towing on other vehicles

I have a similar problem on our server. All of our admins have no problem with towing/lifting. However, the "normal" players are only able to tow/lift some vehicles. Some, they simply do not get the tow/lift option for. Can't seem to figure out why they can tow/lift some vehicles and not others.

Having the same problem as Samjm850, and the answer you gave was spiffy... if you have access to your anti-hack files. Unfortunately Survival Servers' newest anti-hack totally destroyed R3F, and I have no way of whitelisting the actions.

Post script for accuracy:

I COULD submit a ticket with SS and they would attempt to do so for me. With their BLAZING support response time, I'm sure it would get installed by the next Anti Hack update of theirs xD

Having the same problem as Samjm850, and the answer you gave was spiffy... if you have access to your anti-hack files. Unfortunately Survival Servers' newest anti-hack totally destroyed R3F, and I have no way of whitelisting the actions.

Post script for accuracy:

I COULD submit a ticket with SS and they would attempt to do so for me. With their BLAZING support response time, I'm sure it would get installed by the next Anti Hack update of theirs xD
Ewwwww.... Survival servers

Got this all installed on my new Epoch (1.0.2.4) server and I am only having one problem.

Occasionally (not all the time) when players untow their vehicles it disappears and snaps back to a previous location (i.e wherever they picked it up). On my last server I thought this must have been a problem with the lag/desync server side (DayzPriv servers...ughh). However now on my new server with a new host I have had reports of it happening as well. Not sure if i can add something to the script to make it save the new position to the database, or whether I can change an already existing part of the script.

P.S. If someone can tell me where the list to change what can and cant be towed that would be great...having a hard time hunting through the french

Back