Holstering Weapons Help (Primary and Secondary)

Inkko

Valued Member!
I've always wanted to be able to holster my weapon while running around in Dayz. Don't ask me why I just find it as a cool idea. I've been modifying the CLY Holster script to try and get something close to what I want. As of now I have it working with both primary and secondary weapons, BUT if you holster a primary weapon it pulls out your pistol and if you holster a pistol you pull out your primary. If you have just a primary/secondary weapon equipped it works similar to how I want it to. What I'm looking for is to be able to have a primary out and "holster" it, like throw it on my back or somethin, and run around without a primary and be able to switch between my secondary and my primary "holstered" weapon or vice versa. I chose the CLY script simply because it was such a simple script that I understood a portion of it.

So right now I have it so I can "holster" a weapon and it disappears into hammer space then it changes to my other weapon.

Anyone have a script that will do what I want? or know how to improve the script I'm working on to make it work the way I want? I'll share my pbo incase anyone wants the script with the added primary holster action.

Attachments

• dayz_mission (1).pbo
    43.6 KB · Views: 8
It sounds like you accomplished what you wanted without without any serious complication.. In DayZ it's either or, so I imagine you'll have to dig further to add an additional option.

Thanks for both bringing this to the attention of the community and sharing your work thus far.

Interesting behavior when attempting to holster secondary while out and switch to primary :p

It sounds like you accomplished what you wanted without without any serious complication.. In DayZ it's either or, so I imagine you'll have to dig further to add an additional option.

Thanks for both bringing this to the attention of the community and sharing your work thus far.

Interesting behavior when attempting to holster secondary while out and switch to primary :p

Lol, ya... I'm a noob at scripting so all i did was add an option to holster a primary weapon instead of just a pistol. I want to be able to just holster either weapon and instead of pulling the other one out I want to just stay weaponless. or be able to holster both weapons at once without any guns shooting on my back like in that video. But I'm stuck now with the the scripting skills I have :(

Have fun my friend:

Description:
This script adds the ability for a player to have a second primary weapon. The player can switch between weapons via his action menu.

Demo Video:

Known Issues:
1. If a mission has respawn, upon respawn if the player has a second primary weapon stored, it will still be available.

Installation Instructions

1. Copy the "scripts" directory from the sample mission over to your mission's directory.
2. Copy the contents of the sample mission's init.sqf to your mission's init.sqf.
4. Play and enjoy.

Download Link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZjtPjhZR...c_pri_wpn.html

Back