How do i change my loot spawns so its better?

DylanGreen

Hello guys i made a pvp server but the loot spawn is really bad also you get so much zombies after you do you know how you edit it, so there is more better loot?

ONE way of doing it:

In your client game folder:
go to :\@dayz\addons\dayz_code\Configs\CfgLoot

The dayz_code is a pbo which you will need to unpbo (like winzip). In this folder there are 2 files which you open with note++ and change the chance of the specific loot you want to drop. Make a backup in case you mess stuff up. The 2 files are "CfgBuildingLoot" and "CfgLoot", the first one is kinda the main folder, which sometimes (like when pointing on trash) refers to the second file.

Pack the pbo back up.

If you play alone on your server with friends or whatever you can just copy your dayz_code.pbo to them so that they have the same dropchance...remember to edit in your server.cfg to allow clients have different @dayz folders: verifySignatures = 0;

This solution kinda binds you to have a password since the changes you made to your server.cfg allows people to join with their own changes in the @dayz folder.

You could also just make a execute from your init to call the changes in the cfgLoot, and drop the older in the mpmission: [] execVM "Dropchance\CfgBuildingLoot.sqf";
[] execVM "Dropchance\CfgLoot.sqf";

I haven't done the last one my self so im actually not 100%, look around on the forum and im sure it has been mentioned before. I remember I had a user "Drayzin" (Which somehow got blocked ??), you can search for and find a response that deals with this...

Goodluck!!! =)

Edit: found the thread my self http://opendayz.net/threads/zombie-behaviour-modifications.9288/

Okay thanks for your help il give it a go but i play with other people not just friends :) so how would i go about making it work for everyone?

Okay thanks for your help il give it a go but i play with other people not just friends :) so how would i go about making it work for everyone?

answer

You could also just make a execute from your init to call the changes in the cfgLoot, and drop them in the mpmission: [] execVM "Dropchance\CfgBuildingLoot.sqf";
[] execVM "Dropchance\CfgLoot.sqf";

I haven't done the last one my self so im actually not 100%, look around on the forum and im sure it has been mentioned before. I remember I had a user "Drayzin" (Which somehow got blocked ??), you can search for and find a response that deals with this...

so when you are changing stuff in the 2 files "CfgBuildingLoot.sqf, CfgLoot.sqf", instead of saving them in your dayz client, save them in your server MPmissions in a new folder called "Dropchance". And do the changes in your mission Init as told above in the quotes.

Again I haven't done this myself, but what it should do is tell the new clients that joins the server that instead of loading their own two files "CfgBuildingLoot.sqf, CfgLoot.sqf", they should download those that you have saved in the Dropchance folder in your mission file.

Doing it this way you don't have to make "verifySignatures = 0;" in your servercfg.

Spotted a few spelling mistakes, I hope its readable ;)

Back