How do I remove the random walking zombies?

Jolieto

Well, as the title says, I'm having the problem that occured during the latest DayZ build. Now, zombies are walking around randomly(like in forests etc). I was wondering how I could fix this?
I've already tried modifying building_spawnZombie.sqf without any jackpot.

Help would be appreciated!

Random zombies were removed in 1.7.7.1.

Ensure your updated :)

That's weird, because they swarm around for me still. You sure this can't be done anything with? Say I'm sitting in a tree line, ~400m from a city.
Then the zombies will spawn within my vercinity, in open fields and what not.

That's weird, because they swarm around for me still. You sure this can't be done anything with? Say I'm sitting in a tree line, ~400m from a city.
Then the zombies will spawn within my vercinity, in open fields and what not.

Not a fix but just to say I am also getting random zombies spawning in wild, also I get about 40+ zombies of a single heli crash and a deerstand alone will spawn about 12 zombies from one player

I am looking for a way to remove zombies entirely or perhaps limit them.

I'm on a PvP Server with 50 slots and we get these massive desyncs and I was going to try to change the zombies incase that is the reason.

To disable zombies put
Code:
zombie_generate = {};
at the end of your init.sqf.That's what I do when testing mods and scripts.

If your gonna remove the zombies...why not just play wastelands?
Thanks for being completely unhelpful!

To disable zombies put
Code:
zombie_generate = {};
at the end of your init.sqf.That's what I do when testing mods and scripts.
Thanks for the help!!! gonna throw it in and see if they are the reason

I wasn't trying to be helpful, it was a question. Zombies are the main point of dayz, and people want to remove them...

i hear what you're saying, but if you'll read my question, I wasn't trying to remove the zombies because I hate them... I am having massive desync and trying to narrow down the cause....

I would look at your host, is it dedicated or shared node?

Do you have a large amount of buildings or vehicles?

A full 50 Man DayZ server is never the smoothest of things. Desync and lag has always been a major issue.

Desync isn´t always caused by the host. Sometimes the error comes from within and is caused by different mods.
E.g.:

Player 1 uses JSRS Soundmod.
All other players don´t use it.

Now what happens is that the client from player 1 tried so sync each sound that is generated by the game with the clients of all other players via the server. The server will check all other clients and as player 1 is the only one with JSRS, it returns a "sorry i don´t have that sound available" to the client of player 1. This happens with every sound, every second. During the same time the other clients are trying to communicate with the server as intended. Over time it causes a massive lag/desync.

This happens with other mods too but sound mods are the biggest reason for this kind of problems.

Try to check what additional mods you, your players and the server has installed. Ensure that only mods are used which are installed on the server-side.

If you want more information, google is your friend. Hope this helps and hopefully you understand what i was trying to explain. ;)

/edit : If you have blocked "everything" via "BE" / "insert anti-hack of choice", then you can ignore the comment above.

Back