How do I set a custom day/night cycle?

Ok what I really want to do is have a 2 hour day and 1 hour night with a 3 hour restart. I have access to the hive.ini etc so I just need someone to tell me in detail how to do this because I dont have much of a clue lol ;)

You could set the time where it's 2 hours till dark, then you can let it run for an hour and then restart. Not sure how how good that will work since there is dusk as well.

In your cfgdayz folder there is a HiveExt.ini
Under [Time] You see this

Code:
[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start)
;The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changed
Hour = 12
;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed
Date = 15.10.2013

There will prolly be a ";" In front of "Hour = 8" or whatever it says in your hour, remove it. May also be one in front of "Type" remove it as well

Change Type to Static so it looks like this
Code:
Type = Static

Now the hour you have to set on your own, i think it's in 24 hour format so you have to figure out which hour you should set it for so it's 2 hours before dark.

So when you get your hour figured out you do

Code:
Hour = 12 //or whatever hour it is

Then you setup your restart script to restart after dark has been on for an hour.

I can't help you with the restart for battleeye since i'm not to sure how to do that. You can prolly do a search on these forums and prolly come across how to do it

Thanks mate your very helpful. Thank you for spending the time to type out clear instructions aswell :)

I am just testing it now :)

there is a way to set the time to custom. Than make offset -2(gmt-2 time Zone) . Than set date to static, month to 7, day to 1 . (Summertime sun rises later). So i will set it like this and does anyone have an idea how to short the night time more ? Like keep my settings but like use a command for which hour the sun rises and turns off.

Back