How do you add barracks and other buildings on Dayz.st

download these two files: Download1 and Download2
Put them in an addons folder and then throw that folder into your arma 2 oa root directory. same location as the @DayZ folder. Now upon loading in it will kick you to the main menu ( to play the game again, remove the addon folder) hit ctrl + e and select your map. now center, group, and place a PLAYABLE unit. Once this is done you are ready to edit. Place whatever buildings you want ( note most of them don't spawn loot, you'll have to play around or use http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html for the classnames of the buildings that actually spawn loot, *NOTE* if looking for classnames, they do not appear as listed in the editor, once you place a building its exact class name is shown on the left) To place a building you must go into the vehicles tab. Mess around with it till your happy. Save it under all 3 conditions, Multiplayer, single player, etc etc multiple times just to be safe ( redoing whatever moves, yes sometimes some stuff moves but its usually not far) then go into documents > arma 2 profiles / other profiles > profile name > missions > mission name open the mission.sqf. Keep all of the _vehicle lines so it looks like so
Code:
if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [1024.152, 2989.8599, 0.06082559], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;
  _this setDir -193.71664;
  _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
  _this setPos [1024.152, 2989.8599, 0.06082559];
};
};

Get rid of the _unit and all of the other lines, remember to keep anything that relates to _vehicle. Now look at the above example, you will have to add the if (isServer) then { to the top, as well as an extra closing }; at the bottom. Now save and place this new file into a map folder in your server.pbo and call it like so at the BOTTOM of server_functions.sqf
Code:
[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\Rogovo.sqf";

Have fun :D

I've done a lot of map customization on my dayz.st server (that method works for all hosting Cos, by the way) and my buildings are multiple spawning, ie one inside another. I've been looking for a fix for it, but no luck so far.

Anyone know?

I've done a lot of map customization on my dayz.st server (that method works for all hosting Cos, by the way) and my buildings are multiple spawning, ie one inside another. I've been looking for a fix for it, but no luck so far.

Anyone know?

Read your other post. Closed.

Back