How to access database tables

theabcs

I have the basic server up and running. I can run the .bat files to start the server, but I would like to change the spawn loadout.

I know you have to mess with the instance table, but I have no idea where it is.

I see a lot of sql files, but I don't have a SQL server so I don't know where the tables are stored or if theyre even created.
So, where is this table located so that I may edit it?

TL;DR What is the pathway/physical location of the instance table?

Knowing the physical path won't help you. You need to connect to your MySQL server with a MySQL client (either command line or GUI) to modify any tables.

So I must download MySQL Workbench, for example, in order to be able to access the modify the tables?

That's one option. I use Navicat. There are others as well, just Google "MySQL clients".

Also, if you are just wanting to change the spawn loadout, the Bliss README tells you exactly how to do it. I recommend reading it thoroughly.

It says Run perl db_migrate.pl --schema BlissInvCust --version 0.02" and frankly, I don't know what this means. I see the file, but it is not exucutable. Is this where Navicat comes into play?

It says Run perl db_migrate.pl --schema BlissInvCust --version 0.02" and frankly, I don't know what this means. I see the file, but it is not exucutable. Is this where Navicat comes into play?

"perl" is the command, "db_migrate.pl" is the script that the "perl" command is executing, and "--schema BlissInvCust --version 0.02" are the parameters being passed to the script. If you haven't run any PERL scripts from command line, then your server is probably not setup properly, as there are many of them required to properly setup Bliss. The README makes it pretty simple, as it tells you exactly what commands to run in the command prompt.

Oh okay, I don't have much experience with CMD. Thanks for the help.
I know that the server is up and that my friends can join. I will begin to use CMD and hopefully everything goes good. I'll try to keep you posted.

Thank you for all of your help!

If you're still there bilbo, I am having another error and am uncertain of it.
The server is up, and all is well. My friends and I can connect to it and sit in the lobby.

However, when trying to enter the game, the server will say that it is reading the mission file but shortly after declare that there is an "Unknown column 'payload' in 'field list' in MySQLQuery SQL: 'select payload, loop_interval, start delay from message where instance..."

Before this problem, the server was telling me that the table Dayz.Message was missing so I created one. I didn't know the column names, so I just guessed.

Do you think the problem may be because I created this table? I don't know where this table was supposed to originate from as I followed the steps without any problems.

Pic related.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
Again, this is covered in the README. You need to import the DB schema for the messaging system into the database using db_migrate.pl.

Use this:
Code:
perl db_migrate.pl --schema BlissMessaging --version 0.01

I don't want to sound like an ass, but please read the ENTIRE README for Bliss, as all of these questions are covered there.

I am sorry, I meant no offense.
I did read it, but it doesn't all come through since I don't have a fair understanding of the entire processes.

I just didn't think I needed to do these steps as they are listed as "Optional Features".
But thank you once again.

I am sorry, I meant no offense.
I did read it, but it doesn't all come through since I don't have a fair understanding of the entire processes.
No worries, no offense taken. I just want to make sure you understand it's important to read the entire README :)

I just didn't think I needed to do these steps as they are listed as "Optional Features".
If you used the "--with-messaging" option when you ran build.pl, you will need to import the messaging schema with db_migrate.pl.

But thank you once again.
You're welcome :)

It seems I am having trouble because I have downloaded an older version of the server. The messaging files and folders had different names than what the codes described.

I managed to get a hold of the newer versions, and its much easier.

However, I am still missing some files. I am missing /schema/BlissInvCust/ for example.
Its another error I am having. Is there a mirror link to it? The one on the download page doesn't work.
(blissrepo.com/ has the link to the other 4, but the InvCust are broken for me.)

Yes I am here.
I am getting the same errors as before, but this time i need InvCust.
And you can check the files that in the zip that there is only /schema/bliss/.
Therefore, I go to download it off a link a little further down the page, but the link to download the files is broken.
Is there another page to download it?

Or do I have to do something like this:
perl build.pl --with-messaging --with-invcust --password password
?

It seems that changes were made today that remove the optional features from the build.pl file. You need to use the new package_manager.pl script to use the optional packages.

From the updated README (updated today):
To install new optional features, use the package_manager.pl script. Run perl package_manager.pl install <package-name>, replacing <package-name> with the name of a package. You may browse packages at http://www.blissrepo.com.

Yes, and the link blissrepo.com works fine. However, one of the links on that site do not work.(InvCust download link does not work)
All I need is the last file and I should be fine.

Back