How to change the animal types & density?

Manatee Hunter

Valued Member!
I'd like to change the types of animals that spawn on my server, I feel like some of the larger animals are A) too easy to spot, B) too easy to kill and C) Provide too much meat.

Does anyone know what i'd have to alter to get the desired types and density? - This will all tie in with the way I'll be dramatically reducing food/water from the loot tables leaving only 5 possible fresh water sources to be used and requirement to hunt (Dogs help track them, so finding one is a bonus)

is that like the original dayz code pbo or the dayz namalsk pbo?... what would I change the variables to or will it list animals?

if I wanted to hear from an asshole I would have farted.. if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it

if I wanted to hear from an asshole I would have farted.. if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it
"dayz_code ; init; variable.sqf, line : 183 (density)

dayz_code ; config.cpp (number of meat)"
Isn't possitive ? xd...

I really appreciate your help.. but obviously I'm not as an advanced admin as you, or have that knowledge or I wouldn't have asked in the first place..I have only been editing code and light programming for about 2 months.. playing dayz for one month..I usually exhaust Google and forums before I ask, but if I can't find the info, I have to.. just letting a guy KNOW what to do is very helpful, and I don't expect anyone to do anything for me, but there are some things I'm green at. I really don't want to edit a file if I'm not in the right place.I always make a backup and rename the original before I change it..I just wanted to know exactly where to go

to change how many animals can spawn unpack dayz_code open init folder then open variables.sqf
find this line
dayz_maxAnimals = 5
and change it to whatever you like (i personally use 25 which gives ALOT more animals)

im currently in the process of trying to get herds/groups of animals spawn
also im trying to setup my script so it will allow you to choose what types of animals can spawn
and if i have the time (and skills :() where they can spawn

imagine running over the hill into electro you spot a herd of cows on the hill, hearing sniper shots you take a ruuning leap into the middle of em for cover :p

I probably should have mentioned I've got it to work with tons of rabbits and very small chance of boars with all other animal types being disabled.

player_animalCheck.sqf

I probably should have mentioned I've got it to work with tons of rabbits and very small chance of boars with all other animal types being disabled.

player_animalCheck.sqf

thanks mate im now in the process of setting up a config for which animals spawn and how many

i tried to load this "player_animalCheck.sqf" in my mission file, but it doesn't seem to work. Removed cows, and still see cows. Can anyone advise on how to load this? I just want rabbits, and perhaps hens.

EDIT: Sorry, found it, you have load compiles in mission file as well and define it there.

Hey guys so after we have the dayz_code edited, do we have to to place it in our mission file or just leave the code edited?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday. If you haven't found it out yourself, here is the answer:

yeah, you have to put compiles.sqf ( because it calls the player_animalCheck.sqf file) and player_animalCheck.sqf in your missionfile. (both files can be found in dayz_code)

just put both in the root of your mission file. and search in "compiles.sqf" for the line that calls player_animalCheck.sqf. Remove the default path in front of it.

-------------------------------
line 22 of compiles.sqf should then look like this:

player_animalCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "player_animalCheck.sqf";

instead of :

player_animalCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_animalCheck.sqf";

-------------

EDIT: ow i forgot, ofcourse you have to edit init.sqf to call for the compiles.sqf. Since you have the compiles.sqf in your root, you can also remove the path before that line ( i think it's line 15) to.

Back