how to show "player *name* connecting" ingame?

ZedBuster

Valued Member!
Hello peeps,

Since a long time I really want this on my server, and I would be very happy if some guy could help
me with it. The thing I would like to have is a message ingame via "SystemChat" that someone is joining the server.
I can see that myself when I join and I get into the lobby, but players do not see it when ingame....
Pretty sure this can be scripted into the server.pbo using the systemchat on a globalvariable.

Looking forward to the moment when someone can help me get this working :)

Best regards,
ZedBuster.

It indeed does that. And to make it even worse: I have a whitelist on my server, and this is what happens when somebody
joins that is not whitelisted:

Player TheDude connecting
Player TheDude connected
Player #23 TheDude (*GUID*) has been kicked by Battleye: Admin Kick (Join our whitelist here: [email protected])
(in red) Player #23 TheDude (*GUID*) has been kicked by Battleye: Admin Kick (Join our whitelist here: [email protected])
Player TheDude disconnected

so yeah....

Usually also displays: "Player Bob uses modified data file" in between the 'connecting' and 'connected' lines as well. So yeah, that in addition to whitelist messages and you could be looking at a lot of spam :)

yeah I forgot that part about using modified data stuff.... That makes it even more spammy indeed.
Though, I might have something that works: I am using the cutscene intro script and I thought it would be kinda cool if I make a script that makes the logging player say something over global chat like: "PLAYER Wakuwaku IS NOW INGAME" something like that.

Back