I can connect fine, friend can't. Bad Version.

Khaenz

I can connect fine to my server that is running on 127.0.0.1 at 2302. The version is 100296, and ive added that to requiredBuild and my friend has also tried downgrading and setting the requiredBuild to different values, I can always connect fine, but my friend keeps getting "Bad version, connection rejected" or something like that.

He is using DayZCommander to connect, he has tried both through searching with favorites and also searching in filter and then joining, but it always ends up in bad version.

Help, please?

I solved this by just making it so that the server doesn't have a Required Build setting. Not sure how much it can mess up your game in the long run, but I've had no problems yet.

Go to the dayzcfg folder and open server.cfg with notepad.
Comment out the line where it says "requiredBuild = xxxxx" by typing two forward slashes in front of it, like this:
Code:
// requiredBuild = 99153;                    // Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

Now I don't take any responsibility if this messes up your server in any way. I just found out that this worked for me. :)

Back