Infistar-Private Server-Waiting for server to start authentication

Qthegamer

I have a basic private server on my PC that I use for experimenting, base and map customization, etc. Currently I do not have any mods installed and it was working fine up until I installed Infistar. I followed the instructions to the letter and now I get stuck at a black screen that says "Waiting for server to start authentication" where it counts to 120 then times out and dumps me back to the screen where I select my player slot. I emailed infistar about this however I know he is swamped and so I thought I could ask here and see if anyone else has some insight into what might be going on.

I also double checked the server_fucntion.sqf alterations from the Infistar instructions, cross referenced them to an instructional video I found and they appear to be correct.

There are 2 possible commands to enter into this file:
06. copy paste:
[] spawn {[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\AH.sqf";};
or
#include "AH.sqf"
I have tried both of these and I get the same resulting error message. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two and why you might use each of them?

Lastly I wonder if this is related to the battleye filters. My server is Epoch and I used the filters from the "epoch AND overpoch" folder and placed them in Desktop\Overpoch Server\Battleye per the video.

=====================================================================
== C:\Users\Q\Desktop\Overpoch Server\arma2oaserver.exe
== "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2014/07/30 09:03:31
Current time: 2014/10/21 21:38:35

Version 1.63.125548
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice

Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/

There are a ton of updating messages. They don't seem relavent so i removed them for character count reasons.

21:39:54 Server error: Player without identity Q (id 81245751)

this repeats for quite a few lines

21:39:54 Server error: Player without identity Q (id 81245751)
21:40:07 Strange convex component81 in zero_buildings\models\housev_3i3_i.p3d:geometryFire

21:40:19 Strange convex component288 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometry
21:40:19 Strange convex component252 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryFire
21:40:19 Strange convex component249 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView

These 3 lines also repeat for dozens of lines each with different component numbers. I removed the rest for character count reasons

21:40:37 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
21:40:44 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
21:40:44 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
21:40:44 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
21:40:44 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf not found
21:40:44 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf not found
21:40:44 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
21:40:45 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found
21:43:25 Client: Remote object 2:9 not found
21:43:25 Client: Remote object 2:10 not found
21:43:25 Client: Remote object 2:11 not found

I have verified the location and existance of server_function.sqf, dynamic_vehicle.sqf, mission.sqf, and server_monitor.sqf

Posting my solution for the communities benefit.

Infistar replied (surprisingly quick) with an answer referencing a file "$PBOPREFIX$". Though that file didnt work directly (or i simply didnt find the correct place to put it, I did find this article about it.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/914

which contained this chunk of information:

With some PBO Viewers it does not save the prefix after you have unpacked it, edited, and repack.

This is just something that is known to be an issue and someone has assisted me with the same issue. Using PBO Manger...

Pack the dayz_server into a PBO file.
Right click the dayz_server.pbo, and then Open with PBO Manager.
Click on the PBO but do not unpack.
Click the Gear Icon above. Right Click in the empty box and Click Add.
Add "prefix" as the property, and "z\addons\dayz_server" without the quotations.
Then close and try using that file. If that doesn't work reply.

The authentication issue is gone and the antihack is working perfectly. Infistar reasoned that my pbo viewer was deleting/corrupting that file causing my misison pbo to fail to locate the listed files toward the bottom of the server report. I have PBO Manager v1.4 beta.

What is the recommended PBO utility and/or how is it configured/modded/etc? I ask because I have seen mine used in a few howto vids on youtube and theirs always works much smoother or they use something different and don't mention what it is.

Back