Issue spawning buildings into the world [Help, please!]

Andy Murtagh

Morning all,

I'm new to OpenDayZ admining and have been finding many of your posts very helpful and informative, thank you for all of your hard work on behalf of all we newbs who have benefited from them!

On that note, my current line of learning is around trying to put custom bases in-game. I have been following several posts, most notably the basis for my work came from here and that gave me the basis for my work. Thus far, I've done the following:
  1. Used the in-game (alt-E) editor to create a small group of objects that I wish to place, in the location that I wish to place them.
  2. Used wofjwof.com to convert the .beidi file into the two SQL injections required to add my setup to the database
  3. Successfully added the SQL injections to my table structure and verified their integrity with a manual sense-check of the table contents after the injection
  4. Restarted the server to find that nothing had spawned in the location of my choosing
After doing all of this I logged back into my server to find... Nothing. The area that I wanted to spawn the items to is devoid of any kind of object. Now immediately just from a common sense perspective I have a few questions that I can't answer myself unfortunately.
  1. Is there any initial step that I need to take in the database to make my server look for and load manually added buildings? Or does it ALWAYS look for them even when the table is empty?
  2. I have built my buildings on top of a hill. It's a VERY flat area, but it is away from the coast and above sea level . I can't imagine this should be a problem as tonnes of buildings are above sea level, but is it possible they've fallen below the floor?
  3. The area I have built in is very far north. It's further north than any building I have ever seen in DayZ, so far north as to be off of the coloured maps that most sites use but it is still inside of the map of the editor with recognised co-ordinate values for the location. Is there any reason why I couldn't build this far north? My guess was always just that nothing was put that far north as everything in the map is orientated around being on the coast or in the mid-areas of the map, but is there any in-built action that would prevent me building further north as long as it's on the map? I notice for example that when I force-respawn vehicles on the map one of the lines in the dialog box is "INFO: Starting boundary check for objects" so I suspect this may be my cause...
I would really appreciate any assistance that you folks might have in answering the above, along with any other ideas anyone might have surrounding why my buildings have not appeared.

Many thanks!
Q.

No theres no initial steps needed. If the buildings are in the instance_building table they should spawn. Verify that buildings were added to the building table as well. Also, the value that determines the z axis for the building is the last one. [-37.16,[6849.24,2435.28, 0]] In this example the 0. A negative number would put it below the ground. As far as i know as long as the buildings are within the boundary limit of the map you should be ok. You can see this boundary in the editor pretty easily.

Back