J0k3r5 Pack - Not detecting death

pegruder

I installed the J0k3r5 pack on my server and everything appears to work well - except the server doesn't appear to detect any player deaths. Instead, you are stuck with -30k blood, unconscious, and unable to disconnect. If I comment out the custom\code\variables and compiles, the server detects deaths again. However this breaks most of the addons called from those files. Has anyone experienced this or has a fix?

Ive not had this problem myself, as Ive only played my version on a private lan setup.
I also trailed ran it on a Dayz hosted server and didnt come across this problem.

So would interesting to see if anyone else has came across this.

J0k3r5.

I came across that back when I first started doing my own servers. I was/am using Dayz.st, by the way. I haven't really looked into it since then, so I have no idea what causes it.

Sorry to ressurect this post, but I am having the exact same problem. Whenever a player has had his health/blood depleted it just shows the variable with "-" in front of it. You are constantly put back into the 'hour glass' mode but you can crawl grab items, shoot and view your inventory.

Any ideas? I tried searching the forums and tried a few Google queries but nothing has given me any result. Other than somebody finding out it had something to do with the "Player Cross" custom script that gives your dead body a 'grave cross'.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Also it seems the BE filters are outdated, whenever I add the "//new" addition players are getting kicked for various BE filter violations.

I am currently redownloading my copy of ARMA II and OA and will install the mod directly on my Steam download to see if that fixes the problems.

Last edited:
Sorry to ressurect this post, but I am having the exact same problem. Whenever a player has had his health/blood depleted it just shows the variable with "-" in front of it. You are constantly put back into the 'hour glass' mode but you can crawl grab items, shoot and view your inventory.

Any ideas? I tried searching the forums and tried a few Google queries but nothing has given me any result. Other than somebody finding out it had something to do with the "Player Cross" custom script that gives your dead body a 'grave cross'.

Also it seems the BE filters are outdated, whenever I add the "//new" addition players are getting kicked for various BE filter violations.

I am currently redownloading my copy of ARMA II and OA and will install the mod directly on my Steam download to see if that fixes the problems.

I had to disable a few of the scripts to resolve this. I think the player cross was one of them. Ill have to log in and take a look later.

I had to disable a few of the scripts to resolve this. I think the player cross was one of them. Ill have to log in and take a look later.

Hi, I fixed the problem:

1. Get a 'fresh' copy of "player_death.sqf" --> dayz_code.pbo
2. Browse to /MPmissions/'your instance name'/custom/grave_cross and replace the file.

This doesn't neccesarily 'fix' the problem, it simply overrides the 'grave_cross'-addon with the default DayZ Mod policy when a player dies.
After this, you should have no difficulties dying anymore. No grave cross will spawn so the game just handles death like DayZ Mod always does.

The choice of words was perfect. Glad you were able to sort out the issue, though.

Back