Just a warning if you have server-side admin scripts

Idon

I received a Global Ban when the only sort of scripts I used were server-side. The server teleports me, server makes me god-mode, etc so I can help people.
"Admin I'm stuck on a rock can you help"
"Admin the car I was towing vanished can you help"
"Admin hacker in elektro can you check him out"

I messaged BattlEye and asked why this was possible. I mentioned technically I can make a server-side script that begins on PlayerLogin and has the "player" execute one of these server-side scripts, giving them the Global Ban. I've yet to get a response, but just a warning to anyone with server-side scripting like this.

Dont know for what i would need a godmode to help people on the things you mentioned, but thanks for the advise... my players would call me an asshole if they would notice that i run arround with godmode ;)

Well it's a huge waste of time to TP to someone and then they shoot you. I tp to them with no gear on and in Rocket Skin. So.
I don't really play at all on my server, I just admin it. If I do play though I don't use the menu and go under a diff alias.

Also I emailed BattlEye about it. He said it may have been an error, but from what it looks like he said is that if all of the executed scritps are not loaded into a server file it will still be considered a hack.

I'm also wondering why you really need it. Server side or not it gives the appearance of cheating - not an image I want to perpetuate on my server. Glitch die? Drop to the lobby, I'll roll back your survivor. Takes a minute. Vehicle glitch-vanished? Well, that's unfortunate - here's the coords for a newspawned one, I'll give you a few parts in your backpack. Hacker in Elektro? Let me check his inventory -- Yep, been here 15 minutes, AS50 - Banned. There's no need to run skiddy stuff to admin your server.

Basically - BE can't see (and shouldn't care) about your intentions - loading those scripts in server side or client side produces the same end result - hacks being loaded on your server. Just skip it and save yourself the BS.

Buy a new KEYS and switch guid. I wont Tell you where you switch GUID, but tis not ón a admins favorite forum.

I'm also wondering why you really need it. Server side or not it gives the appearance of cheating - not an image I want to perpetuate on my server. Glitch die? Drop to the lobby, I'll roll back your survivor. Takes a minute. Vehicle glitch-vanished? Well, that's unfortunate - here's the coords for a newspawned one, I'll give you a few parts in your backpack. Hacker in Elektro? Let me check his inventory -- Yep, been here 15 minutes, AS50 - Banned. There's no need to run skiddy stuff to admin your server.

Basically - BE can't see (and shouldn't care) about your intentions - loading those scripts in server side or client side produces the same end result - hacks being loaded on your server. Just skip it and save yourself the BS.

So you're telling me how to admin my own server? lol no thanks buddy.
According to your definition of proper admining, Gcam should be banned by BE, as well as other in game tools.
People run servers in different ways. Live with this difficult fact.

Back