Just wanting to see what people think

m1lkm8n

So I've been working on this map for quite a while now.

It's a fictional island taken from the shape of grand manan an island off the coast of Maine.
It's set in the winter. It's about 8100m x 8100m. There's two big islands off the coast of the main land that house a military airfield an a naval port. There's also ton a little island and a offshore cave as well as a huge underground bunker complex being build.

I'm just trying to get a feel for what people think.

There's still lot more work but here's some screenshots so far.

http://imgur.com/a/XfgRq

M1lkm8n

Right now it looks so extremely inhospitable.. Open spaces everywhere, the town is very spaced.
Also I'm kinda sceptic of an all-snow map, but I haven't really played a lot of Thirsk so I do not have much experience to go on.
Furthermore, if the map remains so open you might just want to take a good hard look at the loot tables to make sure the weapons are balanced.

Do you have a specific theme in mind for this map? Is it gonna be American like the geographical example would suggest? Or are you going for a Russian feel?

Well it's American based but short of redoing every building I'm limited to the buildings already in the game with the exception of the underground bunker being worked on.
I've edited the loot tables already. High end loot is rare. I can't say for sure because I've never played it but I'm guessing its something slightly less than the 2017 loot tables. I don't want everyone running around with sniper rifles.

I've already edited the town and added more buildings. Althought the picture does make it feel very spaced out its not that spaced when running around.

Also would a place inhabited by zombies really be very hospitable :)

Back