Killed a hacker

BetterDeadThanZed

Valued Member!
If I adjust my server_cleanup.fsm as per the instructions, the server just kills me over and over and I have this in my log:

15:16:09 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER BetterDeadThanZed B 1-1-A:1 (BetterDeadThanZed) REMOTE IN Survivor1_DZ"

If I don't adjust my server_cleanup.fsm, I don't get killed but AI helos are being destroyed:

15:42:04 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Tobias Koch SAR_leader_9 IN UH1H_DZ"
15:42:04 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Lauren Hutchinson O 1-1-G:2 IN UH1H_DZ"

Here's my Check for Hackers section. I commented out the line that is supposed to be changed:

"//Check for hackers" \n
" {" \n
" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
//" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n
"diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
" (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
" _x setDamage 1;" \n
"};" \n
" } forEach allUnits;" \n
"" \n
"/*" \n
"//Let's move this into the body removal sequence so uncontrolled flies are removed only if corpses are cleaned" \n

it works like a charm for a ton of people, it worked for mods like admin tools that copied my way to do it ...

So why do you state it doesnt ?

Sarge

I have found, on some builds, that commenting the whole routine out causes the server not to start. Comment out the code inside the loop so the foreach allUnits loop still runs but does nothing. Works for me..

it works like a charm for a ton of people, it worked for mods like admin tools that copied my way to do it ...

So why do you state it doesnt ?

Sarge

If I could answer that question, I wouldn't have posted. I'm not making this up. I'm simply reporting what is happening to me. It's not like this is my first time setting up your AI. I started with your first release so I am well aware of how to set it up.

All I know is that I tried this on both my Chenarus server I rent at DayzPriv and on a Lingor Skaronator server I rent at HFB and I had the same results at both.

If I do step A2 in the install instructions:

"A2) Adjust your server_cleanup.fsm file for "Killed a hacker" fix"

Then I get killed when I join the server, over and over, and the log says it's killing a hacker. If I don't comment out that line, I'm not killed, but the AI helos explode.

Also, the server_cleanup.fsm looks different from the instructions. The instructions show this:

" if ((count units _x==0) ) then {" \n
" diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n

But the current server_cleanup.fsm looks like this:

"if (count units _x==0) then {" \n
"deleteGroup _x;" \n
"//diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP"");" \n

That's the section that, if changed per the instructions, cause me to be killed over and over, or if not changed, cause the AI choppers to be blown up.

Maybe admins need to do something that is slightly different from the 1.5.0 directions and the people that have it working figured out what those changes were on their own?

I'm just making this assumption based on the fact that the directions for the init.sqf are a little outdated because I figured out that you had to put those changes further up in the new init.sqf instead of at the end, like the directions state.

Back